Newspaper-Archive.com

emanny86

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I have actually spent some months with my pen down and now I all of a sudden feel the need to pick the rough draft of my first historical novel up and start writing. But I have a problem, research, I can't seem to find the information I need.
I just ran into this site, Newspaper-Archive.com, it looks good but one problem- you have to pay. I dont have a problem paying (the prices are reasonable anyway) i just want to know I am not paying for what I could get for free.
So before I spend this buck I thought I ask you guys. Anybody heard of it? If so, how good was the site for you? what sources do you guys use for your novels?
Thank you.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a subscriber to Newspaper Archive, although I've viewed a few articles for free. Non-subscribers are permitted to look at two pages, free-of-charge.

If you're not in the mood to pay Newspaper Archive's subscription fee, you might want to check out the Google News Archive. It has a large collection of newspapers on file, searchable and free. (Except for the New York Times, Washington Post, and most of the other major metropolitan papers, which are available for purchase only). Here's the link:

http://news.google.com/news/advanced_news_search?as_drrb=a

emanny86

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I looked through google before but it is suited more for current affairs and News not historical research. I have decided to give it a shot, I can't find anything free that is this good. it would be very helpful to my research and they are a non-profit working to preserve these papers so that feels good. Thanks.