what agents may ask for re memoirs

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Just to let you all know:

Sunday I pitched my memoir to an agent, one I'd vetted carefully for her potential interest in my kind of thing. She expressed an interest and asked for the proposal. Here on the AW forum, people often say that what you need is the full, the query and a synopsis. Yes, you need those things, but based on this agent's response, and things I've seen on other agents' websites, it looks like we may need proposals as well.

Also, she visibly perked up when I told her I had stage skills (which are part of my story, as a matter of fact). So, I would suggest if you have stage skills, say so.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Meaganmm

Registered
Reaction score
That's interesting to know. Never even thought about stage skills! And I'm still processing the part where I have to write a proposal... I've been putting that off. I don't know why it seems so daunting!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It may mean acting skills and public speaking skills. But basically, it means you can walk on a stage without collapsing in fright, and you know which end of the microphone is which.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score

It may mean acting skills and public speaking skills. But basically, it means you can walk on a stage without collapsing in fright, and you know which end of the microphone is which.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

hey, I can do that! lol... :) Seriously I never considered my years of singing in a small ensemble would be considered stage skills. I always thought of stage skills as acting.