• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Beth Vesel Literary Agency

Lost World

He'll NEVER fit in!
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't find her here in the directory or by doing a search. Found her in Writers' Market, so I'm thinking it's a cold link. Her website--bvlit.com--does not come up. Her assistant, Julia Masnik, is likewise MIA on AW. Has anybody heard of this agency and any of its recent sales, if any? This agency has sold a goodly number of titles according to Writers' Market, but I'm thinking maybe they're out of business now. Any help appreciated.

Lost World

He'll NEVER fit in!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like this is a dead end. I just can't believe Writers' Market is three years behind the times....

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, most recent deal for her on Publishers Marketplace is March '11.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
And PM just reported a sale for her this month, so she's still out there.

auntypsychotic

TWENTY-TWO A DAY
Registered
Reaction score
Found this when I searched her:

http://kathytemean.wordpress.com/2014/01/16/30138/

"I was reading Publisher’s lunch and noticed that Beth Vesel has joined the Irene Goodman Literary Agency as a senior vice president. She previously ran the Beth Vesel Literary Agency for ten years, and before that was a senior agent at the Sanford J. Greenburger Agency for fourteen years."

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious why writers make such efforts to find agents who don't make themselves easily available. Doesn't that suggest they're not really interested in acquiring new clients? Or-- if they don't promote themselves any better than that, do you really want them promoting your book?

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious why writers make such efforts to find agents who don't make themselves easily available. Doesn't that suggest they're not really interested in acquiring new clients? Or-- if they don't promote themselves any better than that, do you really want them promoting your book?

Sometimes less visible agents are actually really, really good agents -- they have enough clients, they're making good money, they don't need more clients. Once they're at a certain point in their career, great agents don't need to promote themselves.