Hip-length hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayward Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Just to throw in my own two cents as someone with long hair (which is quite thin)...

My hair is surprisingly easier to manage the longer it becomes. I brush it twice a day for a couple of minutes just to get the tangles out, and wash it once-twice a week. I use an organic shampoo (which I must repeat) and conditioner which I only apply to the last 5 or so inches. Otherwise my hair just becomes oily too quickly.

My hair constantly falls out, but that is also due to health problems so I'm probably not the greatest to answer for the 'average' loss of hair. It took me about two years to grow it from shoulder-length to hip-length including next to no trims. It's growth has now slowed quite a lot.

I wear my hair down 99% of the time, occasionally I use a headband to keep it out of my eyes. Oh, and when it rains or I eat soup I tuck it into my jacket to keep it out of the way.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's easier, too, I think. Mine is thick and curly enough that it's finally manageable if it's very long. It's so wide, wild and crazy shorter (with less weight)!

It's no hotter than when I kept it about shoulder length because I always have to put it up in the summers here anyway. It's entirely too hot and humid for me to leave it down unless it's buzzed off (which I've done, too!).

I had it just barely touching my shoulders in 2009, and now it's nearly at my waist, however many inches per year that is. I get about 3 inches cut off here and there (every 6 months?), so keep that in mind if you do the math.

It's kind of funny: I also have little extremely curly pieces by my face that never grow even an inch long. What's up with that, lol? They are my only hairstyling woes, those whispies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.