Cover artists and designers seeking work

KalenO

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofegoandmadness.blogspot.com
Hi guys, I just realized I never advertised here, just got my site up earlier this month. I do custom covers for $120 at the moment because I'm still just starting out, and premades for $60. My premades tend to be fairly experimental as they're the result of me practicing new techniques, styles and aesthetics, but more than a couple writers have been inspired enough by them to purchase a couple that it seems worth it to keep selling them for now. Check them out, you might find something you like!

I also offer a couple of extra services like facebook timeline banners, business cards, etc. See my site for pricing on those.

art.kalenodonnell.com

Here's some sample premades to get a sense of my style and skills (The title and author names are just placeholder text):

Lovelornsample.jpg
AgainsttheUniversesample.jpg
BlackOpssample.jpg

Last edited:

msfowle

Mom, Wife & Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
msfowle.wordpress.com
Hello everyone!

My name is M.S. Fowle and I am an indie author. I've teamed up with my sister, an incredible photographer, to provide premade and custom ebook covers at Melchelle Designs >> http://melchelledesigns.com/

I'll be completely honest with you - I have no formal education in design, but I really enjoy creating cover art. At our site, you'll find over 50 premade covers to choose from, ranging from $35 to $60. You can also request custom cover art, which usually starts at about $80, depending on the stock images used. At the moment, we are only providing cover art for ebooks.

poppy_premade_yourtitle.jpg
cosmicbutterfly_premade_yourtitle1.jpg
spacesoldiers_premade_yourtitle1.jpg

Our Premade Covers are sorted by genre & style here -> http://melchelledesigns.com/premade-ebook-covers/

For information on requesting Custom Cover Art, click here -> http://melchelledesigns.com/custom-ebook-covers/

You can find published (or soon to be published) book covers in our Portfolio -> http://melchelledesigns.com/portfolio/

And, if you'd like to get a feel for my art style, you can check out my full gallery of digital art on Deviantart.com -> http://msfowle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I understand there are plenty of other sites offering similar services and with far more experience under their belts. I'm just happy to share my art with you all here, and hope perhaps some of you will find the perfect cover for your next or already-published ebook.

Thank you all so much!

jesrdesign

Registered
Reaction score
Premade Work: (Covers starting at $15)
CoverBistro.com
seaofblack_zps3d6ad5a5.jpg
loveatlast_zpsb62b9b62.jpg
DateNight_zps010c4029.jpg

Custom Work: (Covers starting at $35)
JesRDesign.com
I do eBooks, jacket designs, 3d boxed sets, banners, and just about any promotional material you can think of!

Last edited:

SourAcid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm a freelance Illustrator and Digital Painter. I offer top quality Illustrations for covers and any other illustrative needs. I'm very adaptable to many styles from photo realism to more cartoon and stylized illustrations, I am open to all genres.

Portfolio
Deviant Art

Contact me for a quote: KarlLiversidge(at)gmail(dot)com

Last edited:

JuniorM

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Authors seeking cover artists / designers

Hello, I'm a freelance cover artist and designer, and I'm seeking writers in need of cover art and custom templates, which I use either create space or lightning source for print formatting.

My rates and turn around will be provided upon interest, thank you.

My links:

www-dot-artwanted.com/SlayerX

and

www-dot-freewebs.com/slayer_x/

Junior Mclean
DarkGaia2-at-yahoo-dot-com

Last edited by a moderator:

joymark

Author, discipline thyself!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmarkmiller.net
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring here. My wife and I have been in the graphic and blog design business for several years, and have produced some covers along the way. We've recently decided to expand our ebook services.

We make custom book covers, and our prices often start around $200. Tell us what you're looking for and we'll send you a quote.

We also have some pre-designed covers available for $100 each.

On a related note, we also offer ebook manuscript conversion services (Amazon Kindle, ePub, Smashwords, etc).

You can find us at Five J's Design, where you can find examples of our previous work and fill out a form to receive a quote. You can also see examples of our work in my profile pic and in my signature below.

We look forward to working with you on your book!

retropaw

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my latest cover. Thanks for looking at it. :)

hukslAD.jpg

msleahkaye

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Leah Kaye's Covers & more!

Hello! :) I'm a graphic designer who's obsessed with books and everything to do with them (ink, paper, presses, etc.). When I was little I would stay up late reading when I should be sleeping. Now I read whenever I want.

My dream job is designing book covers so I'm looking for authors/writers/publishers who are interested in working with me *from any genre*. That's right! All this design experience is available to you two ways at no extra charge.

If interested in having me design a book cover or graphic you can:
Book me through BookRhythm [email protected]
Contact me directly [email protected]

Favored genre: paranormal/sci-fi/erotica/romance preferred, ALL accepted
Favored media: eBook/print Front Covers, Full Print covers, web graphics
Pricing: Covers starting around $125 (graphics would be less)

Samples:

An image of some pretty nice sample covers (says the mod, not the artist)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hello and welcome to Absolute Write, Leah Kaye. I have merged your post into the "Cover artists and designers seeking work" thread. If you have not already, please check out The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write.

I'm afraid your image is too large for our forum guidelines. We ask that images be no larger than about 400 pixels by 400 pixels. If you break your image into two squares instead of one long rectangle, that should be fine. In the meantime, I have replaced it with a link.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Please don't put the image back at its original size. It's too big. I've removed it again, leaving the link to it. If you wish to break the image in half widthwise into two squares instead of one rectangle, that would be okay.

TodKurtis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lighthouse.portfoliobox.me
I'm a graphic designer, and have recently begun making some forays into designing eBook covers on a freelancing basis. I currently charge $70 as a base price for a single cover (custom-made, using a stock image) and am available for all genres.

WinterWolf2AW_zpsc544c77a.png
readywhippedAW_zps7f8071b9.png

(You can currently find S.P. Wayne's Winter Wolf available on Amazon; neither Junie Stursik nor her hypothetical book Ready Whipped actually exist, it's just an example cover.)

More examples of my work can be found at my portfolio. I'm also open to doing promotional graphics (bookmarks, t-shirt designs, etc., etc.) and you can find information concerning those services at my portfolio site as well.

I'm also available for (free!) advice to any authors who are trying to design their own book cover or are having trouble choosing a cover designer/artist, or for any other reason have questions about eBook covers and the design process thereof. You can always message me here on the Absolute Write forums, or use the contact form on my portfolio. Although, thinking on it, with all of the good advice available on these forums, the offer is probably a bit redundant! ;)

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com

DIGITAL ARTIST

I'm a professional digital artist specializing in digital painting, photography, and photo illustration. My major strengths are in complex image preparation and manipulation, and conceptualizing content to appeal to specific demographics. I posted some samples of my work below, and I have a gallery in my online portfolio.

I offer customizable publishing packages starting as low as $248 if you are only looking for a cover. Interested parties can contact me via PM or through the contact listed on the site.

marieteemant

Registered
Reaction score
FREE BOOK COVER DESIGN FOR FIRST TIME AUTHORS!

Are you looking to self publish for the first time?

While many people try the DIY method, if you really want your book to stand out it's important to get a designer to do what they do best. For a limited time I will be offering first time publishing authors a free cover design for epub*. I am attempting to expand my portfolio, but was an intern for Deseret Book and have worked on various personal book design projects.

Please contact me with a description of your book, the genre, and any ideas you had for your cover.

To see just a few examples of my work visit : http://www.marieteemant.com/#!__book-design

*epub file sizing are not ready for printed books. All rights for use would be exclusively to e-book publishing. Any interior design of your book or paper publishing would be up for negotiation.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I've been on AW for years, and yet this is my first time in the graphic design area. I've been making ebook covers since 2010, professionally since late 2012.

My prices are as low as $20 for pre-mades and $60 for custom work.

Some of my designs can be found below. I also made the cover in my avatar.

forest.jpg
pain%20maiden.jpg
bad%20boy%20ink.jpg

You can see more of my work at: http://erinlark.com/covers.html

sh3lly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a full-time freelance digital artist with years of experience working on custom illustrations, video game art, etc. I'll work with you in creating original cover art from scratch (email or message me if you want details on my process) using Photoshop.

As for the genres, I could do fantasy, romance, and art for young adult/children's books but I consider myself flexible so don't hesitate to message or email me about what you have in mind.

My price ranges from $150-$300. I usually ask for a partial payment upfront with the remaining balance to be settled upon delivery of final artwork. I accept payments through paypal.

Here are some samples of my artwork. You can check out my online portfolios at:

http://sh3lly.cghub.com/images/
http://sh3lly.deviantart.com

You can email me at: [email protected]

SkyDollfanart_by_Shelly.jpg
Client-GokilGames_01.jpg
DonutEatMe_by_Shelly.jpg
TheLostKidsfanart_by_Shelly.jpg

FionnJameson

Fionn: 0/Year: 24
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm not a professional trained cover artist, but I love designing cover art and want to offer my services to anyone wanting custom cover art for $50 a cover.

The last two covers in my siggy are samples...if you'd like more samples, please PM me for more info!

thanks!