• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Safkhet Publishing

black13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lynneconnolly.com
And yet Safkhet is still going! Same terrible covers. I've never, ever seen such a bad collection of covers.

Walter

Registered
Reaction score
Same awful looking books!

And yet Safkhet is still going! Same terrible covers. I've never, ever seen such a bad collection of covers.

Yes, I have to agree, Safkhet produce by far the worst collection of covers I have ever seen in the industry, very unprofessional and just plain tacky.

What I love are the lies they spin - "All of our covers were produced by experienced graphic designers." Really? Their covers were designed by the wife/director of Safkhet, Kim Sutton, who is not a professionally qualified graphic designer but merely considers herself to be an artist. I consider myself to be an astronaut, doesn't make it true.

As always, Safkhet spins and stretches the 'facts' and 'truth' or merely invents what they like. They have reinvented themselves as...themselves. Worst still, they have a terrible history of treating their authors appallingly and threatening them to stay silent about their treatment, or face being sued. The truth hurts apparently. Shame they can't be as 'open and honest' as they claim.

I strongly recommend any writers out there to stay clear of this one, unless you want your book produced in the worst way possible while being forced to accept some of the worst author terms out there. Not good. :(

chopper

Steven Poore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stevenpoore.wordpress.com
from the Safkhet Facebook page, dated 7th April (though not on their main site):
Safkhet exists since November 2010, up until now for 66 months!.
We have published 52 books, that's almost one book per month!
We have sold 33,142 books total in the 66 months of operation, meaning we've sold more than 500 books per month on average.
We've done all that with 2 main staff members and more than 20 students in work placements, 3 freelancers continuing to work for us and countless satisfied readers.
‪#‎CantGetAnyBetter‬
We want to thank everyone for having made this possible!

We will close Safkhet at the end of May 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/SafkhetPublishing/?fref=ts

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
I am not surprised they finally decided to close, selling only just over 33k books in 5 plus years is no where near enough sales for even the tiniest publisher. My first kids pic book sold over that in less then 2 years with a small Canadian publisher that had 4 staff (including the owner) and one freelance designer!

Walter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that chopper.

Yes, despite taking on yet more new authors, Safkhet have once again done the dirty and shafted the lot of them by pulling the rug out from under them. From what I've heard, the authors were the last to know this was happening and many will be left in limbo by it. I can only say, that they really are better off out of it. Saflkhet are not a reputable business and have a nasty habit of not only treating their authors very poorly, lots of reports of bullying, but producing very poor quality books which do a huge disservice to their authors' hard work.

I highly doubt the numbers they are talking about too, 33K books? Really? The one thing Safkhet were excellent at, was 'creative accounting', I would suspect that this is once again a case of stretching the truth until it breaks. Certainly, there are a great many ex-Safkhet authors who will be celebrating at this news! Let's hope they stay out of publishing for good and leave it to others who actually know what they're doing.