Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Split from Authors should really stop...

Split from Authors should really stop...

What have these people ever done to you all?

Sophipygian AW Moderator Alessandra Kelley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra Little View Post
    Apparently Jennifer has/is part of a private group on GR called The Carroll Bryant Collection and is asking people to spam a specific GR admin(?) and demand Carroll's return.
    Where'd you find that out?

Quote Originally Posted by The poet View Post
    Hi, the poet, welcome to Absolute Write. Have you checked out the newbie guide? It's chock full o' useful advice and Medievalist gets all sniffly when people don't read her friendly and fabulously well-written tips and guides.

Soo ... whom are you addressing, and which these people do you mean?

If you are referring to the Carroll Bryant affair, I believe there are posters on this thread who have been referred to by the gentleman in question as ... oh, dear, I find myself unable to repeat the words.

Suffice it to say they were some of the worst words it is possible to use in the English language to describe women (and yes, he seems to reserve especial vitriol for women, simply putting up his dukes for the few men he takes notice of).

Not to mention the gentleman's threats of violence, commands to commit suicide, and suggestive stories of the crimes he had cheerfully and bravely and stalwartly committed against people who crossed him.
    Last edited by Alessandra Kelley; 07-23-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Absolute Write! Gosh, I'm sorry, Mac.

So you all know him? And yes I'm talking about the Carroll Bryant affair, I've been following the discussion from the beggining. Aren't you all being a tad too harsh on him and Ira? From what I read, Ira has/had nothing to do with this. I'm not taking sides, just a curious person with curious questions.

And thank you for welcoming me.

Cultus Gopherus MacAllister Medievalist's Avatar
    Oh dear. You don't really want to be doing this.

You really don't. You want to reconsider?

AW Admin: This account is rarely active
    About.Me
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg
    My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar
    You don't actually need to know someone to observe that he's making a spectacular jackass out of himself.

A bit of a wallflower absitinvidia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
    Where'd you find that out?
    I assume others do as well, but I've got a screen shot of it. Here's the text:

Jennifer made a comment in the group The Carroll Bryant Collection — CARROLL DELETED topic
    "His blog is still active. Richard, at least send a message to GR in care of Patrick Brown and tell him he made a huge mistake and demand that Carroll be allowed to return. One a day. If 20 or more can do this, they will have to listen to us. It would be even better if we can get 50 or a hundred people a day to do this. That's what they did to get him deleted. We have to do this to get him back."

ETA: I am not a member of that group. This comment appeared in a page that was not private and can be viewed by anyone on GR.

Quote Originally Posted by absitinvidia View Post

Jennifer made a comment in the group The Carroll Bryant Collection CARROLL DELETED topic
    "His blog is still active. Richard, at least send a message to GR in care of Patrick Brown and tell him he made a huge mistake and demand that Carroll be allowed to return. One a day. If 20 or more can do this, they will have to listen to us. It would be even better if we can get 50 or a hundred people a day to do this. That's what they did to get him deleted. We have to do this to get him back."
    Carroll has the same thing on his website (yeah, I wallowed into the mud to see what this guy was about).

All of this really, really re-enforces my decision to stay off the internet after I'm published. The publisher will have to drag me kicking and screaming - and then I'd place bets on who wins.
    Je suis Charlie

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

Passion is easy; commitment is hard.

Okay so, he's acting like a jackass and he's making stupid posts about bloggers, where does the girl come from? Ira? What has she got to do with this? And that JH girl? How was this blog thing that Carroll posted even remotely about her? Because I never saw her name anywhere in the post, just in the comments.

And this is just a question and I hope someone honestly answers it, where did you find out Carroll wrote a blogpost on that whole blog thing anyways? Where'd you all get your source from? Like I said before, ive been reading for a while and now I'm curious.

Jennifer made a comment in the group The Carroll Bryant Collection CARROLL DELETED topic

ETA: I am not a member of that group. This comment appeared in a page that was not private and can be viewed by anyone on GR.

Isn't his group private though? How were you able to get a screenshot of it?

Okay so, he's acting like a jackass and he's making stupid posts about bloggers, where does the girl come from? Ira? What has she got to do with this? And that JH girl? How was this blog thing that Carroll posted even remotely about her? Because I never saw her name anywhere in the post, just in the comments.

And this is just a question and I hope someone honestly answers it, where did you find out Carroll wrote a blogpost on that whole blog thing anyways? Where'd you all get your source from? Like I said before, ive been reading for a while and now I'm curious.
    No, you're being disingenuous.

Try again please. You're not helping anyone.

You're not on Goodreads; we're actively moderated, and we pay attention.

About.Me
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg

This particular discussion concerns a blog entry and comments, now deleted, that were made on another website. It's no longer possible to provide working links to answer your questions. You can page back a ways to the beginning of the discussion on this forum, but honestly I don't think you'll find the answers here. Please don't feel slighted if people don't want to get into a discussion about the various individuals involved and who did what to whom; we were for the most part observers and not participants.

practical experience, FTW Wisteria Vine's Avatar
    What is the likelihood that "poet" is Carroll Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    No, you're being disingenuous.

Try again please. You're not helping anyone.

You're not on Goodreads; we're actively moderated, and we pay attention.
    I am not being disingenuous. I swear I'm being very sincere when I ask these questions.

You don't have to be a goodreads member to read comments and all.

Isn't his group private though? How were you able to get a screenshot of it?
    Reading comprehension 101: As I said, and as you yourself quoted me saying in my post, the text appeared on a page that was not private and was visible by the public. That's how I got a screen shot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisteria Vine View Post
    What is the likelihood that "poet" is Carroll Bryant?
    I'd be stunned if it's not. The spelling of "beggining" was a clue.

I am not being disingenuous. I swear I'm being very sincere when I ask these questions.

You don't have to be a goodreads member to read comments and all.
    Let me explain something.

I'm the admin for this server.

Do you want to try again? This is your last chance. Be honest.

About.Me
    AWers On Twitter
    Lisa L. Spangenberg

The worst I have seen anyone say about Ira is that she may be a sock puppet. Nobody is being especially vehement about that. Nobody has even brought her up much that I have seen, except to express sympathy for her for being so close to such a wretched man.

And he is wretched. He is not being a jackass, he is making threats of violence and criminal activity towards minors.

Mr. Bryant's blog post was on Goodreads for all the world to see until he deleted it last night. Many people saw it, read it, posted on it (although Mr. Bryant removed many posts over time), and took dated screen captures of it. It may also still be available on Google caches and in various web archives. It was a very, very well documented blog post.

practical experience, FTW Wisteria Vine's Avatar
    Oy. And now he's gone off the rails against one the posters on his blog. He's posting her name and pictures and threatening to sue.

I can certainly see why people would be rushing to his defense. /sarcasm

I wonder if he's going to "burn her house down" as he threatened the other person who "wronged" him.

Yeah, you know what, Ira "the poet"? Just knock off the crap and be straight up, or take the dog-and-pony show somewhere else, okay?

We're not teenagers, and this ain't our first rodeo.

Gummy Bear War Master
    In my dreams with Angelina Jolie and Orlando Bloom, someone has to do the dishes.
    That would be me he is threatening. I'm honestly scared. :p

ttp://carrollbryant.blogspot.com.au/...-slanders.html
    Last edited by MacAllister; 07-23-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: URL redacted to prevent adding Google juice to this jack-ass's blog

This particular discussion concerns a blog entry and comments, now deleted, that were made on another website. It's no longer possible to provide working links to answer your questions. You can page back a ways to the beginning of the discussion on this forum, but honestly I don't think you'll find the answers here. Please don't feel slighted if people don't want to get into a discussion about the various individuals involved and who did what to whom; we were for the most part observers and not participants.
    That's okay, but thank you for answering anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    Let me explain something.

I'm the admin for this server.

Do you want to try again? This is your last chance. Be honest.
    Honest for what? I wasnt saying anything.

Hi Sinnie, and welcome to the Cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
    The worst I have seen anyone say about Ira is that she may be a sock puppet. Nobody is being especially vehement about that. Nobody has even brought her up much that I have seen, except to express sympathy for her for being so close to such a wretched man.

And he is wretched. He is not being a jackass, he is making threats of violence and criminal activity towards minors.

Mr. Bryant's blog post was on Goodreads for all the world to see until he deleted it last night. Many people saw it, read it, posted on it (although Mr. Bryant removed many posts over time), and took dated screen captures of it. It may also still be available on Google caches and in various web archives. It was a very, very well documented blog post.

That's all quite understandable, thanks.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast