Any August Camp Nanowrimo-ers out there?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Check in here! I'm going for it, with a middle grade story. It's pretty realistic contemporary except for the sentient class turtle. Anyone else? I have a bad record of non nano completion, but hope springs eternal etc. I'm kittypryde21 (no, autocorrect, I am not "kitty prude 21", but gee thank you for asking) on the camp nano site.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait and see what my Uni workload will be in August before signing up.

I'll be starting the semester in the last week of July, so I should be able to find out what's due when before Camp starts. :)

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
I realize it'd be kind of a cheat, but...

I'm doing a gigantic revision to the ms. I was querying (third to first person, removing a subplot, shifting the whole story's timeline back from the summer to the school year, starting in a completely different place, etc.). I may use August NaNoWriMo to push myself to get that done. It's months and months past when I wanted to have it back in querying shape....

Alexia Featherchild

Registered
Reaction score
I'm contemplating it, however I'm currently in the middle of a second draft and uncertain that I'll have the time to take on another project.

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
I realize it'd be kind of a cheat, but...

I'm doing a gigantic revision to the ms. I was querying (third to first person, removing a subplot, shifting the whole story's timeline back from the summer to the school year, starting in a completely different place, etc.). I may use August NaNoWriMo to push myself to get that done. It's months and months past when I wanted to have it back in querying shape....

I'll be doing the same! I don't want to abandon what I'm working on--I'm completely redrafting a novel and NaNo may just give me that extra push that I need to get to the end. I'm not willing to drop it for writing a new novel, so once again, I'm going to be a NaNo rebel. :) NaNo rebels FTW!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I signed up. I'm going to be a Nano rebel and use Camp to finish one of my WIP's. I'm not even going for the full 50k. I just need 22K to finish. :)

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
I've got two ideas in my head and I'm so on the fence as to which one to start this month and which one to wait until November. Both are going to be sci-fi YA. I have a tendency to alternate fantasy and sci-fi from one year to the next :)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I might do a very 'light' version, meaning I'll just be trying to write if I do it. Haha. :D I'll be busy with college during that time so, I want to do it but school comes first. So, I'm really still deciding what to do honestly.

Pari Vella

Collector of Precious Secrets
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be making a good effort to complete 50K for August. No guarantees, though.

Apologue

Pure heart, filthy mind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to participate, but haven't decided which project to pursue yet. I've done NaNo in November and traditionally been a pantser, so not knowing WTF I'll be doing is nothing new. :)

The_Riskbreaker

knows bears make everything worse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I read the site's "about" section and i'm wondering... is it just a formal, organized non-November thingee. I won Nano 2011 with my novel A.R.G., which I may edit and self pub at some point. So is this Camp thing just the same schtick in a different month? I realize there's no prizes, which is okay. So it's just a way of doing the 50K challenge now with support and connectivity?

I have a book i'm working on, but it'll be more than 50K. Still, i'm game for some wrist-flaring action. Let's do it!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, I read the site's "about" section and i'm wondering... is it just a formal, organized non-November thingee. I won Nano 2011 with my novel A.R.G., which I may edit and self pub at some point. So is this Camp thing just the same schtick in a different month? I realize there's no prizes, which is okay. So it's just a way of doing the 50K challenge now with support and connectivity?

I have a book i'm working on, but it'll be more than 50K. Still, i'm game for some wrist-flaring action. Let's do it!

Yes, it's the same as NaNo, only you are in a small 'cabin' instead of on the forums. But you can go on the forums if you want!

The_Riskbreaker

knows bears make everything worse
Registered
Reaction score
I only posted once in the NaNo forums, so it wasn't a big deal. I just signed up for Camp and i'm adding all the user dittys. I wonder if, as others have done, I can manage to write more than 50K.

As a band once asked, "Who needs sleep?".

writethewrong

Writer-Director, or so I think
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing 50,000 words of scripts. I'll have to do at least three, as most of my 100-page scripts ar only 17,000 words.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I will be doing it and hopefully I will win this time:tongue Although, I think I might be a slight rebel;)

I'm doing a complete re write of an old Ms and using NaNo as an excuse to get it done:D

I have a feeling it will end up over 50k but at least it will give me a good excuse to sit in a chair and you know actually write:tongue

And this time I need to remember to write on first week cause during in June I didn't and then my word count went downhill;)

{goes back to planning}

feather

Registered
Reaction score
I've been coerced into doing both August and November by a few friends of mine. Probably going to be a rebel now in August, although I have been looking for an excuse to write a Jules Verne-inspired fantastical story. And finish the second draft for two stories. And the first draft of another story... :p

tylertoo

Registered
Reaction score
I have never done NanoWriMo in any month and know little about it. I was about to post here asking for a link but thought, hey, that Google thing might help. And it did!

So if there are any other newcomers to a summertime NanoWriMo, here's the link:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/campnano

This is really just a shameless way to get my post count up ;).

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing a second draft of my June Nano novel and I'm hoping to at least get 40k since school starts on August 20th and I am not sure how school will affect my writing output yet.

writethewrong

Writer-Director, or so I think
Registered
Reaction score

Feena

Registered
Reaction score
I'm determined to do it, I've done a lot of planning. I did a gothic romance in November, this one will be fantasy :)

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not doing it, but will continue my project to write and submit 52 new short stories in the second half of the year (I am on target since I am on my 9th story but it is harder than I expected)