The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Purcell Agency

The Purcell Agency

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com...tinaPschwartz/

I don't think she's on the AW list yet. Anyone have dealings with her?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Hmm. Her PW blurb...

Sold first book contract in 2004, and most recently sold one that is forthcoming 2014, with 8 others in between, all non-fiction for the Teen and Youth markets. All 10 manuscripts sold to traditional publishers, all for one author.
    ... and her website:

The Purcell Agency started in July of 2012 after author Tina P. Schwartz spent twelve years writing and marketing her work, along with helping several others get published.
    In short, wait to see what sales she can make for fiction -- assuming that's what you're writing.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I saw that too, CaoPaux. Good point. And you're right, mine is fiction. I queried her when I posted this before, but haven't heard back yet. I will let you guys know if I do.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    She now lists one fiction author on the agency website, Cherie Colyer, whose novel, Embrace, is published by Omnific Publishing, according to Amazon.com. Its reputation (Omnific's) isn't too promising.
    The use of words on paper to encourage and explore
    The beauty of the human heart and mind is what Iím for.
    I do this not because itís easy nor for profitís sake.
    This lifeís the one that chose me and the only one Iíd take.

https://www.facebook.com/FjrTitchenell

Attends The School of AW Alitriona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F.J.R. Titchenell View Post
    Its reputation (Omnific's) isn't too promising.
    Disclaimer(published by OF)

One of Omnific's books has just moved onto a larger publisher with a 7 figure deal based on steady sales. I expect this isn't a one off.

Regardless, Omnific accepts non-agented queries so it's irrelevant to this agents ability to catch the attention of publishers. Anyone can submit. One of the first things I look for in an agent is the ability to get me in doors I can't get in myself.

"One of the first things I look for in an agent is the ability to get me in doors I can't get in myself."

Truly. same here and pretty much every writer.

I did submit a query (with a sample chapter and synopsis) and Tina was delightful to hear from, even though she declined the offer to see more, she gave a detailed critique, which is something that doesn't happen often. I would submit to her again, definitely

Twitter

The Purcell Agency?

Has anyone had any more recent contact with this agency? I have basic info. which suggests she subs to minor/major publishers. She currently has my full YA MS and said in her email that she thought my first three chapters were great. Her words not mine. Tina P. Schwartz is the agent. Not a huge presence on twitter, but that doesn't mean much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Anyone have any recent dealings with Tina? She's had my full for a bit now and she sounds lovely, but not a lot of info about her. Anyone have any experience with her?

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    According to their website, they're closed to queries until further notice. I also noticed their response times for queries already received are 6-12 months. Yikes.

Email Tina for follow up on where your ms is in the que. She'll give you a better time frame! TPA staff

Send note to Tina asking for your position in the que. She'll get back to you immediately with estimate. Thx! TPA staff

They're going to open to submissions on May 1st. I'm looking forward to submitting. I think I'm going to try Kim McCollum. She looks like she may be a better fit.

They have a book from Flux, Merit and Capstone too which is impressive!

I know Capstone and Merit you don't need an agent to submit, but they are still very solid places. I think you would have a better chance if you had an agent. Flux only takes agented subs.
    Last edited by Undercover; 04-30-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Twitter

I'm going to query Tina Schwartz on the first! Very hopeful.
    "She discovered that a great deal of the suffering in this world is due not so much to original sin,
    but to a kind of original stupidity, an unimaginative, stubborn stupidity." -- Georges Sand
    -*-
    Somehow You're Sitting Here (YA Contemporary F/F Romance) - #AmQuerying
    We Only Wanted More (YA Contemporary M/F Romance) -
    #AmWriting

Good luck, Zach! Let us know how it goes.

Twitter

Benefactor Member
    18-months between submitting my 3 chapters and their recently very politely requesting a full, so hang in there, everyone.

I sent my about 2 months ago. This gives me hope, thanks HumbleScribe.

Twitter