• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Econohost Publishing

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
http://econohost.info/publishing-plans/

On All Fiction Story’s: We will retain all rights to your work as payment for services. The “Assignment” document on right must be filled out and returned to Econohost.

1. We will buy your new and original work for up to $200.00; we will retain all rights to royalty’s, renaming or editing book. Book must be from previously published author or approved by Econohost Publishing staff to qualify for any purchase.
    -
  2. You will provide us your new and original fiction work and we will publish on Amazon and B&N for $0.00 cost ; you will be listed as Author with no other rights.

Um, yeah. Sure you will.

I'm a bit busy now, but if others want to weigh in and cite all the things wrong with this idea, I'll come back later with popcorn.

I'll kick things off with a statement to new writers: Yes, they pay, but no editor in his or her right mind is going to count this as a professional publishing credit.

When you see something like this:

We are actively searching for new writers to publish. In the fiction category we offer several publishing plans.
RUN!

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
"Up to $200"? Is that code for $5 or $10? Plus one is supposed to give them the right to edit extraneous apostrophes into one's work to maximize their "royalty's"?

I'm underwhelmed. But then, I'm not a previously published author so I'm not qualified to partake of this princely largesse.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Some subtle changes (I've retained the bolding, but not the formatting):

We buy your Unpublished Fiction Stories.

Econohost has two plans that should fit into your writing style.

Econohost provides a service; publishing your work on Amazon and other sites.

Costs for your book to be “Published” is $0.00.

As payment for putting your work on Amazon, B&N and other print and e-book sites we will maintain all Royalty Rights. We will promote the book with it’s own websites and provide world wide distribution.

On All Fiction Story’s: We will retain all rights to your work as payment for services. An “Assignment” document must be filled out and returned to Econohost.

Fiction stories of (9,000+words), After signing over all rights to your work, we will format for publication and upload to Amazon and other sites as “your name” on the book title.
We can buy your new and original work for $15.00 but may or may not have your name on book.

You need to provide us with your PayPal and contact information in email, download fill out and return Assignment form. assignment interactive

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone. Last book published in '14.