Agencies who take Inspirational or general fiction

stargazer11

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all... Question: Does anyone know any particular agency that takes inspirational fiction or general fiction? Inspirational sometimes falls under Christian fiction as well. I am trying to compile a list of agents I could query for my story. I already did research and printed out about 25 agencies that do accept that, thanks to agentquery.com.

Also, does anyone know what agency handled 'Chicken Soup For The Soul' series? I went to the bookstore yesterday to check, but nothing was listed under the acknowledgements.

Thanks...

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
stargazer,

check QT and publisher's marketplace, as mentioned. You can also check Agentquery and AAR.

on a side note, you aren't likely to get someone else to do your homework for you and pull a list of agencies.....it just doesn't seem to work like that here, and I'm not sure it should--you are a better judge of your work than we are, and should do the research to become a better judge of "fit" as well.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Jeff Herman was (probably still is) the literary agent for the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.

For how to find agents for particular genres, consult querytracker, agentquery, writersdigest, and the stickies in the forum just above this one.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely check out Query Tracker--off the top of my head, I believe Hartline Literary Agency takes Christian/inspirational...

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
on a side note, you aren't likely to get someone else to do your homework for you and pull a list of agencies.....it just doesn't seem to work like that here, and I'm not sure it should--you are a better judge of your work than we are, and should do the research to become a better judge of "fit" as well.

This is so right.

We can share resources, and provide links to places where you can look for agents; but you have to do the heavy lifting yourself if you want to find the best agent for you.

stargazer11

Registered
Reaction score
I don't expect anyone to do my homework for me. I ask because maybe there is a site that I don't know of that others on this forum will know of. I already know about publishers marketplace, agent query, writers digest and query tracker. I was hoping that maybe someone will know of another site that might be useful that I haven't thought of.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Bookshops are probably the best place to start. Find books which have something in common with yours, and then find out who their authors are represented by.

Literary agents are often mentioned in the acknowledgements section of a book but if they're not, try google.