• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Digital conversion] Stallion Publishers

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Just a heads up. It seems like there's a new company spamming writers with offers of e-editions and e-book conversions / publication for "books / catalogs / brochures / reports / magazines."

Yahoo caught it in my spam filter, and the email is full of links, but I'm not in the mood to go clicking into unknown territory. Anyone else get tagged by these guys?

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
I got it. Went right into spam and I deleted. Things that go into spam scare me. I'm certainly not going to pull them out and start clicking on links. I think this kinda defeats the purpose of putting it out there.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They spammed me, too. Based upon the email it was sent to, they harvested my email from either facebook or my blog.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Seems to be geared more toward business and authors than readers. I take them to be a distributor more than a publisher...
To whit:

Stallion Publishers is the next generation digital publishing software which delivers your publications across the world on any web enabled Mac, PC, iPhone & iPad. Enrich your publications with hot links, videos, tracking and more with Stallion Publishers.

If you want to lower your distribution costs, reach a wider audience and increase advertising revenues, Stallion Publishers will convert your printed magazine into an online magazine, also known as a digital magazine or e-magazine. We can also optimize high-res PDF catalogs, travel and other collateral materials into digital versions.
One can also keep the final product "private", so this is a software/process vendor, not a publisher per se. But a spammer is a spammer.

frolzagain

Registered
Reaction score
I got it as well. It went to my spam box and was quickly deleted.