Not open for further replies.

Lidiya

Skimming galaxies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themacaw.wordpress.com
I'm new here so I'm kinda lost...
I've got a book idea, but I don't know where to post the summary for advice and critique.
I can't post it to the Share Your Work area since I don't have 50 posts, but I haven't written anything yet so I don't need to anyway.
Where do I post my short summary so people can tell me if they'd read it or scoff and throw the book in the bin?
Thannnkkksss

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
You can post an idea for feedback in The Sandbox forum, but I can tell you right now what response you will get, because people ask this type of question over and over.

(1) There are no bad ideas. It's all in the execution. So sit down and write the thing.

(2) Ideas are a dime a dozen. What matters is what you do with it. So sit down and write the thing.

(3) An idea is only "good" if it inspires you to write the story. So what seems like a "bad" idea to someone else is irrelevant. If it interests and engages you, it's a "good" idea. Sit down and write the thing.

So perhaps I've saved you a little time, here. :)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
It helps if you have a specific question (does this seem realistic? Would a 12 year old boy do that do you think? Do I need to research X? Can anyone suggest other books with similar themes I might read? Can you think of a way to strengthen the plot/add a twist? Is my doodad showing? :D) rather than just 'is this any good'.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Story Research for when there is a specific thing you need to know (and hunting through the posts there can be a useful endeavor in and of itself).

The Sandbox (password = vista) is for more general questions, though I suggest you should try and get at least something on paper (or typed) before venturing there - as others have pointed out, there is no such thing as a bad idea, it is all in the writing.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.