• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The RoadRunner Press

AmyCWrites

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any info on this publisher, I've searched around the threads and can't find anything? Thanks.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I found a number of "Roadrunner presses." Some of them were printers, others were publishers, but this one is newish and popped up on facebook, so I am betting this is the one you're talking about, right?

http://www.theroadrunnerpress.com/

jdevlinRRP

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you'all don't mind me chiming in but thought I could shed a little light on the subject. We're a new small traditional publishing house based in Oklahoma City. We specialize in YA -- and eventually middle-grade and picture books -- but also publish select adult fiction and nonfiction titles. Our first 3 titles came out last fall, and we'll publish about 6 new titles this year. All in hardback. We pride ourselves on discovering and bringing the voices of our region -- including Native American voices -- to the world. Hope this helps!

jdevlinRRP

Registered
Reaction score
I should qualify that -- we print all books (that warrant it) in both hardcover and digital. Two of our three original titles from last fall will be brought out in tradepaperback this winter.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and thanks for taking the time to hop on here and answer questions!

Can you tell us how you are different from other start-up publishers and how you are distributing your books?

Link: http://www.theroadrunnerpress.com/

I noticed the Kindle versions of Barbara Hay's books are currently free on Amazon for those who want to get a feel for what this company publishes.

jdevlinRRP

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for noticing the free ebooks over on Amazon for Ms. Hay. We're wrapping up her Kindle Lending run over there, and wanted to use the five free day offer that comes with that as a way to introduce this new author and her debut novel to more readers.
As for how we differ from other start-up publishers, I suspect the answer is very little and in many ways.
By that I mean there are definitely a lot of typical things you do if you're starting up a traditional press, which we are.
At the same time, a small press tends to reflect the personality of its founders and editors and staff -- and we are a colorful bunch.
We distribute through the conventional vehicles: Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Follett, Brodart ... among others. We have a presence on Amazon, as well as B&N. We'd like to do more with indiebound -- but so far haven't cracked that nut.
Our focus is on thoughtful YA books. We intend to do middle-grade and picture books in the future. Besides that our adult books -- both fiction and nonfiction -- tend to be books or subjects that matter to us and that we believe will matter to others.
Hope this helps!