• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Printing services] Vervante

anoopbal

Registered
Reaction score
Is it good to have both e-book and the printed version?

Has anyone heard about vervante here?

anoopbal

Registered
Reaction score
Vervante [printing services]

Just had a quick question is there any place I can publish both an e-book and a regular book?

Has anyone heard about vervante?

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Are you looking for one way to do both? I believe Lulu does both. I use CreateSpace for paperback and Amazon KDP, Smashwords and PubIt! for e-books.

anoopbal

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply.

I was thinking doing both for the same book.

I looked at createspace, but you don't get much out of it right.

Mine is non-fiction and I have a website. I was thinking charging around $39.99.

My only concern with e-book is piracy. It seems so easy for someone to upload it a torrent site . What is your opinion? Or should I stick with the printed version?

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score

I was thinking doing both for the same book.

I looked at createspace, but you don't get much out of it right.

Mine is non-fiction and I have a website. I was thinking charging around $39.99.

My only concern with e-book is piracy. It seems so easy for someone to upload it a torrent site . What is your opinion? Or should I stick with the printed version?

First - You should really start a new thread with your question so others can answer.

Createspace will convert print books to ebook format for a fee (and being Amazon, they'll push it out there for you as well). Pretty much all POD places will do this for a fee.

The place you mentioned in your earlier posts (started with a v?) looks like the same services that you can get from OfficeDepot.

Every digital book can be pirated, no matter what the format or retailer used.

anoopbal

Registered
Reaction score
First - You should really start a new thread with your question so others can answer.

Createspace will convert print books to ebook format for a fee (and being Amazon, they'll push it out there for you as well). Pretty much all POD places will do this for a fee.

The place you mentioned in your earlier posts (started with a v?) looks like the same services that you can get from OfficeDepot.

Every digital book can be pirated, no matter what the format or retailer used.

I want to, but I need 50 posts before I can start a new thread.

Is there a thread which breaksdown the cost for Lulu and create space. I just think create space takes a lot more money than Lulu and vervante. Am I right?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You only need fifty posts to start a thread in our Share Your Work area. Everywhere else, you're free to start threads as soon as you join.

As for the comparitive costs involved in Lulu et al, I'm not aware of such a breakdown. But it shouldn't be too difficult for you to work that out for yourself. Both Lulu and CreateSpace have a free option, so you don't pay for anything in order to get your book listed, and from then on you only pay for the copies you order. I suspect Vervante charges extra costs upfront, as if it offered free downloading I bet I'd have heard of it before now.

anoopbal

Registered
Reaction score
oops. I am so sorry.

Than you so much for all the replies. I started a new thread.

I am sorry to hijack the thread

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a thread which breaksdown the cost for Lulu and create space. I just think create space takes a lot more money than Lulu and vervante. Am I right?

First, I have never heard of Vervante and only just skimmed their site. I haven't been on Lulu in years. So everything is based on that.

Second. I don't think people will be able to answer your questions about Vervante. The pages I saw on their site all said "contact us for a quote" So, unless someone has happened to have ordered from them in the recent past, no one is going to know how much they charge. If you have gotten a quote from them, then you should post what they're asking for what services so that others might be able to fill in the Lulu, CreateSpace side.

Third. It is hard to say anything about pricing because you do not clarify what you're looking for. If I ask "is Ford or Chevy the cheaper vehicle?" No one can answer because that is too broad.

So: Are you looking for hardcover, softcover, B&W interior, color interior.... ebook formated for ePub, Kindle, PDF... do you want Print on Demand or 500 copies shipped to you to store in your house... where and how do you want to retail this book?

I do suggest that if you are publishing a book at the $39.95 price mark (and it is not an authoritative source of information) that you try to avoid all up front charges so that *IF* you do not sell many copies, you won't be out a lot of money.

Good luck with your book.