30 Submissions or Queries in 30 Days

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing this. I started yesterday. Does anyone want to join in?

For me, I am starting to submit to publications again (either online or print) and am using this challenge to give things a jump start and to encourage consistency.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you - it always works well for me because at the end of the month, it has measurable progress. Plus you are so busy actually trying to get the submissions in, there's no time to really think or worry about "rejection". It becomes irrelevant!

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
I was doing a query a day when I was actively querying. But when it came to short stories, I could only submit about one a week. I didn't have enough stories that I felt confident enough to submit any faster than that.

Best of luck with your goals!

liter8media

Exploring the Time Vortex
Registered
Reaction score
Doing this. It's a great idea to keep me working, and creating ideas and content/getting paid.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
For most, this is a good idea, but if you aren't careful, or if your queries prove really interesting, it can lead to more assignments than you can possibly handle. This is not good.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
For most, this is a good idea, but if you aren't careful, or if your queries prove really interesting, it can lead to more assignments than you can possibly handle. This is not good.

This cracked me up. I can envision it not being good!

I am mixing it up between already written pieces and queries though so I should be good. I fell behind because I just got back from Rome. Ah, summer. :)