Hello there

CRogers

Hi, I'm new today though I've known about AW for a long, long time, and was here eons ago under a name I can't even remember. I decided to join up in hopes of finding support as I finally sit down and write this fantasy novel I've had plotted for more than a year, and have toyed with in different forms for more than 10. Have had some success in another genre (under a pseudonym) and while I enjoy that writing very much, this story has been clawing relentlessly at me for years. I finally realized I haven't written it yet for one (lousy) reason - fear of the unknown. I'm comfortable where I am, my safe little other-world, but am thinking it is time to take off these scruffy shoes and actually get cracking on this thing. And, I am bored! That is not good.

Just started a new job a couple of months ago too and it is very draining...so I'm hoping being around writerly peoples will keep me energized and focused. I hope so anyway.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi CRogers!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
welcome. Congrats on the new job and new project, both.

CRogers

Thanks all for the welcome. I've spent the last couple of hours zooming around and reading things. :) Finding inspiration which is just what I need.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I carried my first screenplay around in my head for ten years before I finally put pen to paper. I can relate to the fear of the unknown. Jump in, the water's(WATER?!THAT'S NOT WATER?!) fine.

Cassiepoe

New Fish; Eager to Swim
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.singularitycity.net
Have had some success in another genre (under a pseudonym) and while I enjoy that writing very much, this story has been clawing relentlessly at me for years.

Writing around jobs is super tough, but I've found that sometimes it actually gives me more incentive to write than when I'm left alone with a ton of free time -- give me an unscheduled day and I'll inevitably end up on the Internet looking at cat videos.

I'm curious -- if you already have some authorial success under the pseudonym, is there a compelling reason to switch names at this point for the new work? Unless the other genre is super radically different than the fantasy one, would you really want to have to rebuild your network of readers all over again?