• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Desperately Seeking YA Writing Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently working on my 6th novel...err trying to at least. I have two YA novels out on submission to agents (querying them seperately.) I also have a YA novel coming out in a far far ways from now and will be editing it come fall. I know a LOT about the YA market, agents and publishers...good and bad and the ugly.

But my main problem is the in between thing (between each novel.) I usually go 2 to 3 months not writing and just reading a novel or two, building up the urge to write again. Well now that time has come and I have a 5K start...but need motivation desperately.

I am willing to read perhaps the first three chapters of someone's novel, go over ideas and everything under the sun about writing. But the only thing I can't commit to is being a beta for a full ms.

If anyone's interested, feel free to contact me here or in a PM. Thanks...

Ohgodaspider

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'm working on my 1st YA novel here. I'd be more than glad to be your writing buddy. I'm also looking for someone to review my first few chapters and such.

Michele7

Registered
Reaction score
Re Writing Buddy

I'd be happy to as well. I've finished my second YA novel and I'm querying, and also starting another novel. I'd love the distraction.

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Always happy to talk to a fellow YA writer, and feel like I'm looking for the same thing these days. (I will say, the best way to find people like that seems to be writing contests; I can't tell you how many YA friends I picked up from The Writer's Voice contest. And if you're not already on Twitter, you may want to get on that!) What genre do you write?

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not really willing to have anyone look over anything in my novel, since I'm on the first draft, but I'm more than willing to talk with you and keep you motivated! Having a support system really helps me, and I'd love to help keep someone motivated in turn. I'm working on a YA fantasy novel right now, and that's what I primarily write, so hopefully that won't bother you. If you'd like any of my other contact info besides my AIM and MSN instant messaging handles then just send me a pm.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I would love some YA buddies :)

I'm working on my...well, it's down in the numbers novella lol. I primarily write paranormal romance or urban fantasy with rom elements. My stuff sometimes tends to be darker in nature, but nothing with abuse or gore.

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
Just wrote my first YA novel (fantasy/horror) and would love a YA buddy :D

Viklit

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to join in this YA gang if you'll have me! Do blog me or tweet me or PM me and hook me up with anyone's blogs or twitters :)

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
I do YA--mostly urban fantasy and spec stuff. Some is pretty dark, but some of it's just fun. If you're getting a gang together I'd be interested, esp. with some other UF and para rom folks in the mix! I'm not on twitter, tho. Frankly, I barely have enough to say on my blog. Can't imagine what I'd put in a tweet. ;)

Viklit

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see those on twitter who've found me ;) I'd love to brainstorm some YA ideas with anyone who's up for that - will send some PMs to people interested in YA hook ups over the weekend - but just to say if anyone enjoys brainstorming and is into YA PM me.

IndigoBanshee

Registered
Reaction score
I write a mix of YA, middle grades, and new adult, and could always use more YA friends.

CrystalCierlak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalcierlak.com
I could use some writing buddies myself. I'm currently writing a new adult novel that spans a few genres. My boyfriend and a good friend of mine are reading it chapter by chapter but I can't discuss it with them because they don't want to be spoiled, lol. I could sure use someone to chat with about it though!

CaseyMcG

Registered
Reaction score
Would love to have some YA writing buddies too! My friends are supportive don't really understand the process and frustrations or why sometimes I feel like staying home and pounding out a chapter instead of go out and knock back a few pints. I'm a little more than halfway through the second draft of my current WIP. Would love to have people to chat about it with me!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thank you SO SO much for your sweet responses. I have decided to start a YA writing group. I thought we can all get together and post whatever you like as long as it pertains to writing YA. The group is called Writing4YA. I will start an introduction thread. Hope to see you there.

Here's the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Writing4YA/

Let me know if it works okay.

KylaRoxYourSox

Sink or Swim? How about float...
Registered
Reaction score
I would really like to tell someone my ideas for a book and see what they think, if you or anyone else has time. The book has a touchy drug subject..I posted a thread about it in case any of you read that, but I would love to see if any-one has any ideas maybe on the advancement of the plot, some good endings, etc.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Just bumping up this thread. I'm always looking for a writing friend. You can never have enough! If anyone's interested, write here or pm me. Hope to hear from you soon.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Kinda...care to revive it? I'm in between novels and I have too much idle time to myself. I was hoping to connect with some motivation.

Hmm. I do like a good Yahoo Group....

I'm not entirely idle until next week (moving on Wednesday and not settled until Sunday... been packing all this past weekend), but I'd be happy to participate starting in October!

My current WIP is upper MG, but I've got several YAs that I'm always thinking about.

mac3910

Here, there, everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely in need of some motivation to actually write something and stop telling myself that I should be writing something. Hopefully this YA group is still open. :)

P.S. I LOVE to beta. (Free books? Yes, please.)

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
I'd love to make some new friends in my little niche. I'm looking for people writing dark, gritty, more literary YA aimed at older teens. There don't seem to be very many of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.