Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Seldon

Do you hear the people sing?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Interesting news, but I'm distributing to Kobo through Smashwords already. There are some drawbacks, but at this point, I don't see the point in switching.

Isabella Amaris

Registered
Reaction score
Website
isabellaamaris.blogspot.com
Well, I'm going to wait and see if Kobo's terms and system will be worth dealing with them directly; as it is, I would love to upload directly to B&N's PubIt and Apple's IStore but unfortunately I'm not a US author and I don't own a Mac, so...:)

Otherwise, yup, love what Smashwords does. And I think Mark Coker has announced that there's gonna be faster shipment to retailers etc, so that's really encouraging ... Ah, here's his post on latest changes for those who are curious: http://blog.smashwords.com/2012/06/smashwords-delivers-faster-shipments-to.html

EngineerTiger

Writing HF Again, Thank God
Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
It is an interesting tip, Isabella. Since Kobo is Canadian, I can see where U.S. writers may have the reverse problem that non-U.S. writers have with Smashwords with regard to taxes. Depending on how things are set up, there might not be that much difference in royalties for direct to Kobo as opposed to continuing with Smashwords.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on it though. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.