Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Kobo Writing Life self publishing portal to launch soon

practical experience, FTW Isabella Amaris's Avatar

Kobo Writing Life self publishing portal to launch soon

Hi folks,

Some cool news. Kobo's self-publishing platform is set to launch soon! Well, the portal's being beta-tested, so I reckon it will be soon

Here's a link for those who want to know more: http://www.kobobooks.com/companyinfo...ublishers.html

Cheers
    Last edited by Isabella Amaris; 06-05-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    When fingers start typing to the sound of the Muse...

Do you hear the people sing? Scott Seldon's Avatar
    Interesting news, but I'm distributing to Kobo through Smashwords already. There are some drawbacks, but at this point, I don't see the point in switching.

Well, I'm going to wait and see if Kobo's terms and system will be worth dealing with them directly; as it is, I would love to upload directly to B&N's PubIt and Apple's IStore but unfortunately I'm not a US author and I don't own a Mac, so...

Otherwise, yup, love what Smashwords does. And I think Mark Coker has announced that there's gonna be faster shipment to retailers etc, so that's really encouraging ... Ah, here's his post on latest changes for those who are curious: http://blog.smashwords.com/2012/06/s...pments-to.html

Writing HF Again, Thank God EngineerTiger's Avatar
    It is an interesting tip, Isabella. Since Kobo is Canadian, I can see where U.S. writers may have the reverse problem that non-U.S. writers have with Smashwords with regard to taxes. Depending on how things are set up, there might not be that much difference in royalties for direct to Kobo as opposed to continuing with Smashwords.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on it though. Thanks for the link.
    Visit my WEB SITE for information about my series, BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE HUDSON

Facebook Page

You're very welcome, Beverly

Yup, issues of taxation—especially withholding tax *ouch*—can really complicate things... To have a significant portion of my (admittedly tiny) self-pubbing income whittled away all the time is not fun hmmm...
    Last edited by Isabella Amaris; 06-07-2012 at 11:55 PM.