The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Ghost Pines Publishing, LLC

practical experience, FTW rejectME's Avatar

Ghost Pines Publishing, LLC

I noticed this new outfit the other day and couldn't find much info on them. The "about us" is pretty odd for a publisher and at present they have 2 offerings.

Anyone dealt with these folks?
    Please check out and "Like" my Facebook author page for info on current publications, WIP, and non-fiction work. If you have a page, I'd be happy to return the favor!

"In the end, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." ~Norman McLain

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding URL: http://www.ghostpinespublishing.com/home

Venture capital funded, Ghost Pines Publishing was founded by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful record of turning leading-edge concepts into profitable business ventures.
    The best that can be said for them is they aren't trying to publish every genre.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    They say they publish "Dark fantasy fiction." I've never heard that term, but it seems rather redundant. Is there such a thing as "Dark fantasy non-ficiton?" It makes me think of 'Fiction novel.'

Good point. I'm trying and failing to imagine fantasy non-fiction. Maybe those compendium books such as "An Encyclopedia of Unicorns" or (since this is dark fantasy) "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Basilisks"?
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    I'm not that troubled by their saying "dark fantasy fiction." Maybe they're trying to say that the don't publish poetry or dramatic scripts?

Frankly, far more worrisome is "Venture capital funded, Ghost Pines Publishing was founded by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful record of turning leading-edge concepts into profitable business ventures." What I interpret that to mean is "We're folks who don't have a clue about publishing." That sort seldom come to a good end.

Do you know how to become a millionaire as a publisher? Start as a multi-millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    They say they publish "Dark fantasy fiction." I've never heard that term, but it seems rather redundant. Is there such a thing as "Dark fantasy non-ficiton?" It makes me think of 'Fiction novel.'
    Fantasy fiction sometimes gets used to differentiate between that and other things using the word fantasy. Fantasy football and sex topics being the main ones. I expect they don't want non-fiction articles about spicing up your sex life.
    * Polenth *

Website | Blog / Send Review Requests | Twitter
    Sunstruck - Bigfoot Urban Fantasy Novel

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    After three years, only books are by (pen name of) a principal.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: