Do you wear pants when you write?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestifer

Registered
Reaction score
Pants? Usually yes, since most of my writing is done on a laptop or with a notepad and pen in public. Its not something I've ever really given much thought to before.

b_radom

Calculating the odds
Registered
Reaction score
Is it sad that I really don't keep track of what I'm wearing when I write? If I have pants on for some reason, I'm certainly not going to take them off just to write. And if I just woke up with an idea, I'm not going to waste time putting pants on before I get my thoughts on paper. Maybe someday I'll start putting a mark down and crunch the numbers for a percentage. Like "-" means pants-on and "+" means pants off. I'll get back to you if I do that.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... my pants are the only thing that provides a bit of padding. Have got a solid wood chair that's as hard as a rock. Have sorta got used to it by now. Keeps me alert!

The_Riskbreaker

knows bears make everything worse
Registered
Reaction score
My laptop gets pretty hot on the bottom and since my cooling pad recently broke i'd prefer to wear pants so I might not kill any chance of a family lineage.

Usually it's a pair of overalls I have that I consider slightly lucky. Perhaps when wearing them i'm inspired more. Who knows. But I'm definitely not writing in "streak"mode.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Yes. Fully dressed including shoes. I just can't write if I'm not dressed as for work. Put me in pajamas or sweats or anything but leaving the house attire and I can't write. I good off. Surf the web. Watch tv. But I can't write without being dressed.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Yes. Fully dressed including shoes. I just can't write if I'm not dressed as for work. Put me in pajamas or sweats or anything but leaving the house attire and I can't write. I good off. Surf the web. Watch tv. But I can't write without being dressed.
You're never fully dressed without a smile.

CJ.Wolfe

Close your eyes and jump
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm at home, I wear my pj's, because I'm lazy and I like to be comfortable.

On the other hand, if I'm out, I'm generally fully dressed. Jeans, shorts, skirt or dress. Depends what mood I'm in when I get dressed :p

Shaded

Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually in PJ pants or boxers. I've probably only written a few times in actual clothes because I tend not to stay in them too long after I get home at night.
I like to be comfortable ^.^

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
I write during my lunch break at work, so ... yeah. This is a strictly pro-pants office.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently writing naked cause it's hot and humid. My jiggly bits shake when I type energetically.

Hey, YOU ASKED. Sheesh.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, when I write in the early mornings and on days I'm off work. In summer, I frequently write wearing nothing but my bra. In winter the equivalent of this is my bathrobe and bra.

But on work days and evenings, I'm likely wearing jeans and a wifebeater (summer) or jeans and a hoodie (winter) by default, so I write in that. In jobs where the rules about work attire were stricter, I didn't bother changing out of my blouse before I started writing either.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
When I write in my preferred genre, SF, I do so stark naked.

When I write erotica, which I do for laughs, I do so fully clothed.

:D

Don't put too much importance on either of the above statements.

Shirokirie

*Leers at you awkwardly*
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wear lingerie while writing in hopes that wearing it will inspire me to go take a break and get laid with a certain someone of mine.

Other than that, no. I typically write in jeans and a shirt with no bra, or sleeves, or socks. Usually with panties... sometimes with a strap--yeah, you get the idea. It depends.

punahougirl84

Registered
Reaction score
Define "pants."

I wear shorts, mostly. It's hard to break the habits of growing up in Paradise, even when it is snowing outside. I just turn up the heater and remind my husband it will all be worth it when Peter Jackson options my books ;-)

Soletaken

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I'm at home I change into a breezy pair of shorts and an undershirt.

I do most of my writing at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.