AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Peake Associates

[Agency] Peake Associates

Hey guys, anyone know about http://www.tonypeake.com/agency/index.htm ?
    They don't seem to be in Writers' & Artists' Yearbook, nor this site's archives - yet their client list sports (among others) Jonathan Coe, a big name and one of my favourite authors.

Tony Peake himself seems to be a pretty successful writer in fic and nonfic - http://www.anthonypeake.com/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Peake

I'm only slightly interested in subbing to them, but I'd like to hear if anyone knows about the agency, its history, your dealings etc. Coe is a big enough success that you'd expect more media around his agency?

Cheers, JJ

No one?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Successful clients are the best publicity, really. Regardless, they're closed to submissions.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW Project Deadlight's Avatar
    Hi,

I wondered about this agency. It is confusing, they say they don't take submissions but then lots of advice you read (including WAA) say don't take no unsolicited subs as a definite no... But does this agency mean no unsol subs or no subs period?

I love JC too!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Deadlight View Post
    Hi,

I wondered about this agency. It is confusing, they say they don't take submissions but then lots of advice you read (including WAA) say don't take no unsolicited subs as a definite no... But does this agency mean no unsol subs or no subs period?

I love JC too!
    Sometimes "No unsolicited submissions" means "Don't send us your manuscript. Query first." In this instance the agency says quite clearly that they are not taking on any new clients and do not respond to unsolicited submissions or approaches.

As such, they don't want you to send them anything, unless they have asked you to send them something.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 01-07-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: code weirdness