• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

OnStage Publishing

auriel

Registered
Reaction score
I searched the forums and didn't really see this publisher mentioned, so apologies if I've overlooked it. I'm not considering this press at the moment, but I was intrigued because one of their books was donated to the library where I work, and the publisher is apparently located in my town. I'm curious if they seem legit at all.

Their website is here:
http://onstagepublishing.com/

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
"Legit" in what sense? I'm not getting any vanity vibe off them, at least. How is the editing in the book you received? That on the site isn't stellar, but the proof of the publisher is in the printing, as it were. :cool:

auriel

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I mean legitimate in the sense of not being a vanity press, not taking advantage of authors, that sort of thing. If we get books printed by vanity presses we don't necessarily want to add them to the collection.

The editing seemed decent - at least there were no glaring mistakes when I flipped through the book. The book itself was mediocre quality, not as well-bound as paperbacks we typically get from our library supplier.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
OnStage is local to Huntsville (technically Madison). I'm in a writer's group with the lady who runs it and several of their authors. It started as kind of a vanity press, but the guy who started it left and turned it over to Diane, who now runs it, so I'm not sure how you would classify it. They publish children's books and focus a lot on local authors.