Press Release question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
This may be the wrong place, but after searching through all the groups I can't find any advice on press releases. My question is this: Should you include upcoming radio and online radio interviews in your press release? Is this something that could help get more attention for your book?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated, and if this is in the wrong place, mods feel free to move it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Moved from Announcements.

CurranCR

Registered
Reaction score
I used to work as a reporter for a daily newspaper and have seen my fair share of press releases (though I covered sports, so I didn't deal with book releases). I would say you could include a couple of the radio interviews you have scheduled - especially if they are fairly well-known or local stations - but I wouldn't put a long list in.

A few other tips:

• Keep the release short (no more than one page) and keep the paragraphs short and punchy, as well. Reporters tend to skim them anyway.

• Play up any local angle you have. You'll probably have more luck getting your press release picked up by your local media outlets.

• Include a head shot of yourself or a link to one.

If your book is self-published it will probably be harder to get the media interested, but not impossible. Any local link will be more important in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.