• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publicist] OristinGlobal Productions / OristinGlobal Literary Agency

june

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mysticconnections.org
Anyone heard of Oristin Global Lit? I found them on the firstwriter website. They want me to fill out a submission form, sign it and send it back along with a copy of my MS for consideration. Let me know!
June

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]http://www.agentresearch.com/

[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]No results[/font][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]

[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]http://www.agentquery.com/

No results

Preditors & Editors

[/font][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Not listed

Their website makes it look like English isn't their first language, or perhaps that proofreading isn't in their skill set.

The sole book they're advertising (Code 419: House Arrest) is from iUniverse, a pay-to-play vanity POD.

Why are you even considering these guys?
[/font][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][/font]

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
What Uncle Jim Said. That website is amateur to the max. They also appear to do publishing, which (leaving aside all questions of competence) is a major conflict of interest for a literary agency.

Firstwriter.com is not, repeat NOT a good place to do agent research. They either don't or don't know how to vet the agents and publishers they list. A lot of disreputable people are listed on that site.

Get a good print guide, or try AgentQuery instead.

- Victoria

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
This one is particularly amusing.

It's not just a publisher - it's a 'Multimedia & Advertising Giant' with an amateurish website. The only success-like thing they can the fact that 'Hollywood John' (the owner of the company) has vanity published and has 'plans on becoming a writer in the near future for a major magazine and a producer of a feature movie---Big Screen or Television' !

Mac

afac81a

Oristin Lit. Agency

Has anyone here had any deals with/or know about the Oristin Global Literary Agency?

Thanks in advance!

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Check out the photo of their US rep with her fur coat on as she poses seductively for the camera. It can be accessed through Similian's link. In nothing else, you'll get a good laugh. I think this is supposed to reassure folks that they're dealing with real professionals.

They're not even seasoned scammers. They're amateur chancers.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Fantastic website. It looks like something The Onion has put together.

The book-signing photo-journal thing made me laugh 'till it hurt. Hollywood John behind his desk, dressed like a televangelist while his wife/PR comptroller harangues unsuspecting passers-by into Jonesing over $15.95 for the opportunity to buy an autographed copy of "Code 419" that looks about the right size to sort out that uneven leg on the kitchen table you've been meaning to fix.

No, seriously. Kudos and best of luck to him. He's got moxie, that's for sure.

From the site:

"Be prepared to pay $500 administrative fee for postage, copying, faxes, special messenger fee, etc. when your manuscript is accepted for representation. No reading and evaluation fees. (New Writers only) This is not a fee for representation and its non- refundable. The fee is above and beyond our normal administrative fees and because there is no guarantee that your manuscript or screenplay will be sold, we elect to have you defray some of our additional costs as a new writer."

Meh. No thanks. Just browsing.

afac81a

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for your input. I definitely won't be going thru them!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps thankfully, Oristin Global Literary Agency/Productions did not last long.