Pants on Fire

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, inspired by Be Franks list, here's mine.

In high school:

1. I went to Sophomore Slide (girl's choice dance) with a guy named Jack Black (not the famous actor).

2. My band teacher's name was Richard Long--he went by Dick.

3. I took vocal lessons from a woman named Paige Wright.

Nothing stands out as being far-fetched here. There are probably a lot of Jack Blacks in the world. #2 is a double entendre, but it's actually a common sort of name. I dunno. I'm gonna say #3 is the lie! though I can't explain why. :Shrug:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, more of my adventures:

#1. I once watched the Rockettes rehearse as I sat in the director’s booth, high up in Radio City Music Hall.
#2. I once caught a glimpse of Faye Dunaway using a cane as she walked along 46th Street with a companion.
#3. A friendly guy lived in the apartment next to mine for several years. But after he composed the music for a Broadway hit, he moved to a more elegant building.
I say #2 is the lie.

In high school:

1. I went to Sophomore Slide (girl's choice dance) with a guy named Jack Black (not the famous actor).

I say lie at #2, again.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Apparently, I've missed a bunch. Let's see:

In high school:

I live in hope that #2 is true, so I'm going with #3 as the lie.

Apropos of nothing, Mr. BF once worked with a guy whose name was Richard Shaw. He went by Rick. His parents were presumably very mean.

Last edited:

CuddlyClementine

Registered
Reaction score

In high school:

I am also going to guess that #3 is the lie.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, my lovelies, I did go to Sophomore Slide, but with a boy named Russ. Alas, #1 is the lie.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I chose ... poorly.
But you got your wish--number 2 was indeed true!!

- - - Updated - - -

When we got our class schedules, the teacher's names were listed last name first, comma, first name. We LOVED that.

- - - Updated - - -

Long, Dick

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
More stories from the former workplace.

1. One of the floor managers got chlamydia cheating on her husband, then gave it to him, and several of the guys at work, then told them all it was just a bladder infection and not to worry about it.

2. The site director accidently sent a picture of his mistress (also a manager) tying him up and with various other BDSM toys on his person to the wrong manager. That picture kinda went viral.

3. A girl brought a 3-lbs brick of weed into work with her. It was in her backpack. She was fired for it.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Good god, Ted. Your old workplace sounds horrific.

More stories from the former workplace.

1. One of the floor managers got chlamydia cheating on her husband, then gave it to him, and several of the guys at work, then told them all it was just a bladder infection and not to worry about it.

2. The site director accidently sent a picture of his mistress (also a manager) tying him up and with various other BDSM toys on his person to the wrong manager. That picture kinda went viral.

3. A girl brought a 3-lbs brick of weed into work with her. It was in her backpack. She was fired for it.

Okay, I'm going with #3 is the lie. Honestly, from what you've told us about this place, I figure she'd be more likely to get promoted.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Bahaha.

Figures.

Did they at least confiscate the weed and redistribute it as part of your Christmas bonus??

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Okay, here's three more for me.

1. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a day later I had to get it towed when all the electronics failed.

2. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a week later it got washed away when a flash-flood hit my street.

3. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a month later it was damaged beyond repair in a freak hailstorm.

- be frank, who has had bad luck with new cars.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
That's crazy! I'm going to call up that girl and tell her what a silly thing that was that she did. Um...you still have her phone number, right? And uh...she still..you know...is in the business right?

Because I'm totally going to tell her how bad that is! Yep.

CuddlyClementine

Registered
Reaction score

1. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a day later I had to get it towed when all the electronics failed.

2. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a week later it got washed away when a flash-flood hit my street.

3. I once bought a brand-spanking new car, but a month later it was damaged beyond repair in a freak hailstorm.

I'm goin' with #3 as the lie.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

#2 is a big fat fib!

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
@S6 -- I was so engrossed by the bobcat, I didn't pay much attention to your attire!

Anyway, more of my adventures:

#1. I once watched the Rockettes rehearse as I sat in the director’s booth, high up in Radio City Music Hall.
#2. I once caught a glimpse of Faye Dunaway using a cane as she walked along 46th Street with a companion.
#3. A friendly guy lived in the apartment next to mine for several years. But after he composed the music for a Broadway hit, he moved to a more elegant building.

Only two people voted on this, and only one--ajaye--got it right. I did not catch a glimpse of Faye Dunaway on 46th Street using a cane, but I got the idea after seeing photos of her walking with a cane in Beverly Hills. Actually, I did catch a glimpse of Faye Dunaway once, but that was in a club, when we were both much younger. :greenie

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Was I the other person who voted? I meant to vote if it wasn't me. And yes, in true Lillian fashion, I got it wrong. :e2bummed:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score

I'm way behind so will just pick it up here - #2 is the BIG FAT LIE!!! :)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com

I'm gona go with #2 is the lie.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Yes, Lillian, you were the one who got my previous puzzle wrong, but thanks for playing. :ROFL:)

And now, scenes from childhood:

#1. I never had a sled
#2. I never had an electric train
#3. I never caught a bat (the flying kind)