Pants on Fire

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
#3 is the lie. I'm thinking you own a full-size sphinx... as in the Great Sphinx of Giza ;)

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, we may never know as it looks like Tickett forgot about the part where you come back and fess up after you post the choices.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
#3 may be the lie, Nymtoc is a miniatue sphinx.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. I have a miniature bicycle.
2. I have a miniature piano.
3. I have a miniature sphinx.

I vote #1. It's just so oddball. Plus it would be very hard to use for its intended use, unlike a piano which you could still play, and a sphinx, which you could still look at.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish Tickette would come back and give us the right answer. :Shrug:

Meanwhile, here are three statements from Honest Nymtoc:

1. I have a miniature bicycle.
2. I have a miniature piano.
3. I have a miniature sphinx.

:e2bouncey

So...M.S. Wiggins and Pony both thought the sphinx was the lie (but for different reasons). And Cobalt Jade thought the bicycle was a lie. As usual, they are all WRONG!!!

The lie is # 2. I do not have a miniature piano.

The miniature bicycle is something I picked up a long time ago. It's about ten inches long and has all its moving parts--really nice. The sphinx is about nine inches long and five inches high. It looks like it's made of stone, is beige-brown and is quite beautiful.

:banana:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
having a hard time keyboarding today so I am finishing a short story with a pen and paper. This is not the incredible part. Fifty years ago this is how it was done--hand written rough draft before breaking out the typewriter. This particular morning I have a sore shoulder--shooting pain to the wrist. The weather is changing but this shoulder of mine goes beyond autumnal chills. I had to see my chiropractor on Saturday. He asked me how I did this to myself. I could narrow it down to two early morning activities both of which Dr. Pick found surprising. The third is a lie.

1. Pitching horseshoes.
2. Demonstrating the Trudgen Crawl.
3. Playing bocci ball.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's clear that the lie is #3! Shakey was not playing bocci ball!

(Sore shoulder came from smashing her computer!) :Hammer:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what a Trudgeon Crawl is, so I'm going to pick that.

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow! I'm thrown for a loop here, Shakes. ;) #1 is my pitching pick for the lie. (As clearly established—given my pitching average—I'm probably wrong though!) I almost went with #2, came so close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also going for pitching horseshoes as the irritant. If you did it playing Bocci ball, you're not throwing right, and if you can swim you're already one up on me. In the mean time, take it easy on the Bracheal Plexus and try out an inversion table. Mine works wonders for me.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If I had added that I have been substitute teaching the last 5 weeks and that PE is the first hour class it would have made this a little easier. And, yes, Nymmie, I can pitch a bocci ball with the best of them but these bocci balls are made for high school girl hands, a bit lighter and smaller than the ones the old men in my husband's hometown used to pitch. I suspect the horseshoes. I was trying to pitch like my grandpa and my Uncle Frank. They had perfected a crazy Frisbee spin on the pitches, almost always clanging in a ringer. They were about my age at the time but I must not be as tough. I think the Frisbee horseshoe pitch is what did my arm in.

We throw horseshoes and play bocci ball in the city park on these autumn mornings but we don't swim. The class finished the swimming session weeks ago while it was still hot, so #2 is the lie. I did try to teach the girls how to do the Trudgen. It totally cracked up the boy's gym teacher. Seems the whippersnapper had never heard of that stroke. --s6

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's three from me. The theme of today's entry is...sitting!

1. I sat on a snake at a family picnic.

2. I sat in the cockpit of an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane.

3. I sat on Santa's lap and asked him for a diamond ring.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sitting on a snake at a picnic is possible. And children ask Santa for all kinds of ridiculous things. But sitting in the cockpit of a spyplane? Cobalt Jade has seen too many movies!

I'm calling #2 a lie! :poke:

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so tempted to follow Nymtoc's lead and go with #2, because he's usually right at spotting the bent truths, but I'm going with #3: you either sat on some other—non-Santa—lap and asked for bling; or, you sat on Santa's lap, but asked for cold hard cash!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sat on a snake? How? You didn't see it? Maybe if you were spreading one of those ubiquitous red and white checked picnic cloths on the ground and taking sandwiches and lemon squashes by a babbling brook where a stone deef snake lived, but most adults sit at a bench when picnicking because there might be something ugly on the ground like red ants or burrs. I'd believe the spy plane cockpit story before I'd believe the snake one, but then Kansas snakes are reclusive. When people show up toting sandwiches and checkered tablecloths they hide. --s6

Last edited:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. I sat on a snake at a family picnic.

2. I sat in the cockpit of an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane.

3. I sat on Santa's lap and asked him for a diamond ring.

#1 is THE LIE! I am far too tender-hearted to sit on a snake.

#2 is true... there's an authentic disembodied (disemplaned?) Blackbird cockpit at The Museum of Flight here in Seattle that visitors can sit in and fool around with the controls.

#3 is also true. I was five and enamored with my older sister's diamond engagement ring, and the first and only time I sat on Santa's lap, I asked for one.

Last edited:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here are three more from me:

1. I cut off the top of my thumb with a pair of garden shears.

2. I hit my head on a train baggage rack and have to have stitches at the next stop.

3. I dropped a large piece of marble on my instep. Luckily, I have strong feet and didn't break anything.

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cobalt Jade is obviously a "pronie" (See old Carol Burnett show where Carol was accident-prone.)

Anyway, I'll say #2 is the lie. C.J. could have hit her head on a baggage rack, but stitches at the next stop sounds extreme.

:Coffee:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. I cut off the top of my thumb with a pair of garden shears.

2. I hit my head on a train baggage rack and have to have stitches at the next stop.

3. I dropped a large piece of marble on my instep. Luckily, I have strong feet and didn't break anything.

# 2 is THE LIE! Never happened.

# 1 actually did happen. It was a manual pair, and my left thumb had gotten in the way. I cut off about 1/4" off the top. Pretty horrible to see a piece of your flesh on the blade and know that you did it. Took a few months to heal up. Now, except for a recurring callus, it's like it never happened.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
1 I ran my hand through a router table once. Mangled my thumb pretty good.

2 My wife is out of town and I not only behaved myself, I retiled the bathroom floor.

3 I even have the house spotless for when she gets home.