• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Parkeast Literary Agency

Old Editor

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Unhappy with AW

Seems to me that they don't approve of being named after your mother. Also don't approve of Mom and Daughter living in the same house and having separate accounts on the same computer. They also don't seem to like the advice I'm giving members. As far as I can tell, I'm the only Old Editor on this forum, and my mom joined under her married name, and I can assure everyone that there really are two of us. Hope they can straighten this out, or they will lose two members who have good advice, one as an editor and one as an agent. It would be nice if they answered our messages with something other than repeated phrases. They will probably delete this.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Seems to me that they don't approve of being named after your mother. Also don't approve of Mom and Daughter living in the same house and having separate accounts on the same computer. They also don't seem to like the advice I'm giving members. As far as I can tell, I'm the only Old Editor on this forum, and my mom joined under her married name, and I can assure everyone that there really are two of us. Hope they can straighten this out, or they will lose two members who have good advice, one as an editor and one as an agent. It would be nice if they answered our messages with something other than repeated phrases. They will probably delete this.

This is terribly disingenuous of you. I PM'd Old Editor on October 19 to make sure Old Editor was aware that we do not allow multiple accounts for a member.

Old Editor responded this morning with the assertion that

My mother has an account under Donna Pudick, and we use the same computer. She is not posting any more, so you can cancel her account and use mine. Will that make you happy? I'm a retired big house editor. I have lots of advice to give to members. Do you want me or not?

Now the identical IP might be explained by the shared computer. But given that I can see the birthdate on Old Editor's registration, let me congratulate her on her mother's longevity. It's remarkable to have a mother who is at least in her 90s, given the DOB Old Editor has supplied, and still an active literary agent.

I also see your Old Editor's email address, which includes Parkeast as a part of the text string.

I note, moreover, that Donna Pudick has in fact been active on her account today.

I am also amazed at the similarity in syntax and diction between Donna Pudick and Old Editor.

Gloria jokingly insists that editors all have a tickler file that they use on a rotating basis, and numbered so they don't send the same rejection to the same agency for different books. That said, many publishers use standard rejection letters, some editors, depending on how much time they have, will give a short critique. Others simple say, "Not for me."

I truly believe that editors/publishers have a "tickler file" with various rejection reasons that they pull from the file at random.

You also both make the same kinds of capitalization errors, and awkward punctuation errors. That is, I'm sure, a genetic proclivity and not at all suggestive of a single person with two accounts.

To answer your question, no, I don't think we need both of you. Or even either of you.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per their PM page:
Parkeast Literary Agency is permanently closed to queries from new authors. We will continue to service only our existing authors.