The Walking Dead Novels by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I bought the first book in the series. I've yet to start it, but I'm curious to find out what others thought about it.

Last edited:

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I bought the first book in the series. I've yet to start it, but I'm curious to find out what others thought about it.
D'you mean the graphic novels?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Did you ever start them, brainstorm? I haven't heard good things about them, but mostly in relation to the show. I'd be curious what folks here thought, too!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Did you ever start them, brainstorm? I haven't heard good things about them, but mostly in relation to the show. I'd be curious what folks here thought, too!

I have read them all to date. They kind of suck to be honest. I keep buying them because I am a huge Walking Dead fan, but the writing isn't the best and neither are the rather bland stories.

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I do wish you'd be honest. :D That definitely confirms what I'd heard. Thanks for letting me know!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I do wish you'd be honest. :D That definitely confirms what I'd heard. Thanks for letting me know!

I feel bad saying that they're not good. It's my personal opinion on them. Will I buy the next installment? Yes. LOL

AprilMay4

Registered
Reaction score
I've only watched the show. I did stumble across the books at Barnes and Noble and contemplated buying them, but I had heard bad reviews.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I would think it would be hard to write (or read) novelizations of non-novel franchises, like movie/tv/video games, etc.

I've read several of them in my life, but they usually feel flat to me. It's almost like reading a script or a rushed transcript.

I'm sure there are some that are good. (I liked many of the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels.)

Maybe it's how the books are written, but the novelizations usually can't capture the magic from the franchises they are based on.

I wonder if it's because my brain is so wired to the visuals and the actors' performances?

With Walking Dead, my family watches it for the visuals of zombies and zombie killings, as well as the actors' performances. It's different from reading it.

I tried reading a bit of it from a free sample. But it feels...different. I guess it's because I'm used to the visuals of the series and watching the performances of the actors, I guess.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
The next in the series is now out. I'm afraid to buy it LOL

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I read the latest installment in the series and again I was disappointed. There is another in the works, but I wonder how long a series that's already bad in my opinion can be milked. Being a huge fan of other things Walking Dead this sucks :(

SallyB

Dancing Through Life
Registered
Reaction score
I have the first two, only read the first so far. The technical writing is great, the story telling is what makes me afraid to read the next book. (There's a complete lack of emotion in the book.)