• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Blair Partnership

Kado

Registered
Reaction score
8 weeks on a full and no response to a nudge email (about a week ago). Oh, well. Another one bites the dust, eh?

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Could be, Kado, could be. Or they could be still up to their oxters in the JK Rowling palaver. Hard to say if there's no response.....

gggrrrr!!!!!!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Or they could be on holiday, like you know, with their families.

Kado

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I received an email today from Liz apologising for the silence and explaining that my ms is in the process of being looked at. Really polite and reassuring email.

Now I really am biting my fingernails! Oh, the agony!

Edit: You know what? I've already made up my mind that if they reject me I absolutely refuse to mope about it. I'm actually chuffed that I got their attention at all. I didn't even think I get past the initial query stage, so to have them even consider my ms is reason to be pleased. It means I might be doing something right and I just have to keep at it.

Last edited:

amblack

Stop, drop, and revolt!
Registered
Reaction score
Or they could be on holiday, like you know, with their families.

This is quite likely. Or short-staffed. Between the Olympics and everything else, probably for the wiser. When I was in London this time last year, it was insanely busy with people on holiday. Then I escaped to Germany where it was slightly quieter. I'm interested in hearing how the rest of your process goes with TBP because they are on my short-list.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Nice one Kado! The best of British to you, I've got my paws crossed for ya!

EddieDean19

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, and Kado, I feel the same as you. They've had my full since 7/4 and they are my absolute first pick (which makes it extra nail-bitey!) But...it will be what it is, and yes, we must be doing something right, right? :) Zoe seems so sweet. They all seem extremely cool, actually.

Kado

Registered
Reaction score
Update:

Aaaaaand...it's an R&R.

The feedback was polite and concise. They were kind enough to say what worked and what they liked, and honest enough to say what didn't work and what needed changing.

So, the stats: 4 weeks till request of full, 4 weeks of waiting in the queue, 1 week for them to read the full and get back to me. Not bad.

Now I've got to get to work on revising. Although it's disappointing I wasn't snapped up Stephenie Meyer style, on the other hand, I'm really pleased to have gotten honest, expert feedback, and I was chuffed with the things they mentioned they liked.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

Kado

Registered
Reaction score
Zoe was my initial contact and then Liz. Both really lovely. And thanks!

Kado

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Project Deadlight. Yes, they said they would like me to re-submit and I'm definitely going to do that. I plan to hold off querying any more agents for the time being as I just want to concentrate on revising the ms and knocking it into better shape.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Congrats of the revise and resubmit, Kado! :) Best of luck with your changes.

I sent a query on July 1st and got a form rejection back July 23rd. Considering they're such a popular agency they've got quite a good, quick submission system going on.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
And commiserations, EMaree...... I'm still waiting on a rejection from my partial, heh heh!

Last edited:

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
No worries, rejections are all part of the process. :) Best of luck with the partial, Brindle MacWuff -- it's a huge achievement just to get a partial request from such a prestigious agency!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Kado and Brindle!

I sent Zoe a chapter breakdown about 5 weeks ago, which she requested. Seven pages. She didn't confirm receipt, like some agents do. I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with response time on a chapter breakdown?

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks SheilaJG!

I haven't got a scooby on the response time for a chapter breakdown, I'm afraid. I'm over eight weeks on a partial, but it's holiday time and all that jazz.....