• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Blair Partnership

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Haunted October! Did they ask for an exclusive?

Paws crossed for you.......

Last edited:

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, they did ask for an exclusive. They didn't ask for a chapter breakdown though.

And thanks!

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I should have said.... I fired off a query, 10 pages and synop embedded, on the 4th July, and had a request for the 1st 3 chaps on the 5th. So, they were fired off sharpish, and we shall see......

This agency is top of my list by a country mile, and the first to see this work, so paws crossed.

Last edited:

Haunted_October

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!

I was so surprised that Zoe didn't ask for the first three chapters and a chapter breakdown. I sent first 10 pages and synopsis, and she asked right away for the full.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

You must have hit all the right buttons with Zoe, bloody well done!

Haunted_October

Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from Zoe saying she received my manuscript and she's looking forward to reading it. She aims to get back to me by August 15th.

Never had an agent do that before with a full.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from Zoe saying she received my manuscript and she's looking forward to reading it. She aims to get back to me by August 15th.

Never had an agent do that before with a full.

Wow! I've been through the agent mill before, with a previous work, and been asked for a few fulls, but I've never had a fast response like that. Roll on August 15th!

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I queried TBP (Miss Zoe) on 7/4 and a few hours later had a full request. She seems amazing...thrilled just to be read by such a brilliant agency.

Well done! I seem to be lagging behind with only a partial request... I must try harder!

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Still better than me. My query went in on Friday--though admittedly, late in the day Eastern Time--and I haven't heard. Consider yourself very lucky :)

lisasue

Registered
Reaction score
I had a full request from Blair Partnership back in March, received a confirmation email, but have heard nothing since. Has anyone received an answer on a full from them?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Zoe's a delight to speak to. She read something of mine, ultimately ending in a revise/resubmit offer, but due to deadlines from other offers, I couldn't take the time to do it.

Absolutely wonderful in every email back and forth. No form letters, and never dismissive. Anyone who gets the chance to work with her, or any of her colleagues, is in great hands.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I had a full request from Blair Partnership back in March, received a confirmation email, but have heard nothing since. Has anyone received an answer on a full from them?

3 months? I take it you didn't get a date when they would come back? I'd be tempted to give them a nudge....

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Well, you have the London Book Fair in April, do you lose a week there. If they went to BEA, it's another week and a half. The Olympics will bring London to a halt. On top of that, three months is normal for a full.

lisasue

Registered
Reaction score
blair partnership

No, I didn't get a date--it's not an exclusive, so I wasn't expecting a date when they would get back to me. Should I nudge?

Tumbleweed

Registered
Reaction score
It took them about six weeks to give me an answer on an exclusive full along with chapter breakdowns and about the same for a response to the query (with first ten pages and synopsis).

Three months seems quite long based on my experiences with them. If they asked to see the full then I'd say give them a friendly nudge to find out what point they're at with it.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted the week of 7/4. No word. Maybe no-response is no, but not sure.

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Neil Blair with the first 10 pages of my novel on November 21st, 2011. Got a rejection 3 days later from Elizabeth Bonsor.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I queried 7/13 (Friday the 13th! I guess I'm not as superstitious as I thought), and got a request for a chapter breakdown thirteen days later, on 7/26 (from Zoe). This is the first time I've queried an agent in the UK. I hope I didn't sound like a dork, but I probably did.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. I think I'll requery. Any idea who to I should address it to? Last time I just put Mr. Blair.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
When I queried them, I addressed the email to Mr. Blaire, but Zoe answered. After that, all of my correspondence was with her. You're probably good using his name for a starter.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. I think I'll requery. Any idea who to I should address it to? Last time I just put Mr. Blair.

I don't think they are 'non-responders', so it might be best to wait a wee bit. They may be very busy at the mo, methinks.

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of curious as to what's going on there. Sent Liz the full manuscript on 6/25, along with her request to see a synopsis on a WIP, both with an agreement for exclusivity. Didn't hear anything, so sent a short email on 7/27 to see if she'd received everything all right. No response.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Well as said, JK Rowling understandably gets all their attention. I'd add the Olympics to the mix. I have work colleagues there, and they say London's essentially shut down.