smart phones

vigeo

# + ! = ?
Registered
Reaction score
I am working on a story that mentions smart phones and cell phones. Since I do not own one I need info on how they work.
I know you can record video with them, but what happens after? Do you save it and keep it on the device or do you have to upload it immediately and where do you send it to? How long does it take to upload? I probably will have a few more questions concerning this. Thank you.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Most phones on the US market today are Smartphones.
Nearly half of all Americans use one.
Not all take video, but most all have cameras. You pretty much have to go looking for a mobile phone that is just a phone anymore.

And, you wouldn't be alone in the search.

The still picture and video can be stored right on a phones solid state drive, or on a mini-SD card (memory card) if that model phone has a slot for one.
Smart phones can also be configured to automatically upload a copy of those images, as well as audio or video recording or notes/documents to a location "in the cloud" and synchronized with other computers or devices, via free tools like Dropbox.

There are a thousand and one other tricks a smartphone can do (mine helps me manage a number of PC networks at the moment) so if you can get more detailed with your questions, -- "will it do X, how does it do Y" we can probably give you much more information than you ever wanted to know. :)

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
I concur. Most Smart Phones take video. You have the option of storing it on your phone, or depending on the program - "app" you can upload it to a Youtube account directly, or you can plug your phone into a computer and pull the video file off the phone and play it in a program intended for personally shot videos.

Deleted member 42

I have an iPhone. Video and still images are automatically uploaded to Apple's iCloud server. I can also email them from the phone, or save them to a service like DropBox, use Bluetooth to send them to another phone or computer, or connect to a computer with a special cable.

vigeo

# + ! = ?
Registered
Reaction score
I think I have the answers to all my smart phone questions. Are cam corders still popular or have they been replaced by the phones?