The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Big World Network / BigWorldNetwork.com

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie! K_Woods's Avatar

[Publisher] Big World Network / BigWorldNetwork.com

Their website: www.bigworldnetwork.com

I first found out about this when I went to Minicon last month; they had a table in the dealers' room, and I took a look despite not doing much in the way of writing lately. When I discovered yesterday that I still had the postcard I picked up from their table, I took a look at the site.

They run web serials, mostly fiction, in set blocks. In fact, they refer to them as 'seasons' and have a setup somewhat reminiscent of television programming. There aren't any specific terms about payment on their website (ETA: compensation is mentioned, but not described in detail), and when I asked at Minicon, they didn't have a contract handy. (From what they said, I'm guessing this will be rectified at any future convention appearances they make.) I took a look at some first chapters up on their site and I'm not very impressed with their quality so far. They've just started out in the past year or so, so I don't know if that's a factor or not.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be very much information on them. Anyone else have anything to contribute?
    Nothing to see here...no, really. Not even in almost-invisible white text.

"Enthusiastic amateurs" is how I would describe them. Interesting ideas but their sole source of income seems to be selling items related to the works they publishing. With eBooks, books and audio books "coming soon"

I dunno about this.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Books and such are up now. The first preview I clicked on had "forward" rather than "foreword". Perhaps trying to be witty because it was a futuristic book, but ....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: