Where can I find my threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifex

Registered
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how I can find the threads to which I have posted or threads that I have started? Thanks!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I moved your question to what we lovingly refer to as "FAQ Heaven".

The writing of the FAQs has been compared to the complete works of Nabokov. I think. ;-")

Orchestra

practical experience, GTFO
Registered
Reaction score
It's still amazing the software doesn't have simple "Show my posts" link on the front page like phpBB, SMF etc. all have. Currently it's very cumbersome to check whether or not there are new posts in threads I've participated in.

Deleted member 42

It's still amazing the software doesn't have simple "Show my posts" link on the front page like phpBB, SMF etc. all have. Currently it's very cumbersome to check whether or not there are new posts in threads I've participated in.

If you read the
FAQ: How Can I Find My Posts?

You'll notice your username is a pop-up menu with single-click access to your post history.

Alternatively, you can Subscribe to threads.

And it's not too late to

Artifex

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I tried to look in the FAQ but somehow missed it... Doh! :Shrug:

Orchestra

Registered
Reaction score
You'll notice your username is a pop-up menu with single-click access to your post history.
That shows my posts in list form. The "View my posts" functionality in phpBB and SMF takes me to a list of threads I've posted in. Threads with new posts are clearly marked with an icon and clicking that icon takes me directly to the first unread post. This is by far the simplest way of allowing users to keep tabs on their ongoing discussions without the need to subscribe to threads. For a commercial software vBulletin is quite clunky.

Deleted member 42

That shows my posts in list form. The "View my posts" functionality in phpBB and SMF takes me to a list of threads I've posted in. Threads with new posts are clearly marked with an icon and clicking that icon takes me directly to the first unread post. This is by far the simplest way of allowing users to keep tabs on their ongoing discussions without the need to subscribe to threads.

Subscribing to threads provides the same functionality.

For a commercial software vBulletin is quite clunky.

I'm sure that the owner of the site and the admin will give your opinion the attention it merits. I do hope your issues with the software won't hinder your posting.

Orchestra

Registered
Reaction score
Luckily the content on this forum more than offsets the software's sometimes terrible usability. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.