From an attic in the wilds of American suburbia...

Fuchsia

Mostly harmless
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm writing a novel. (but who ISN'T, am I right?? ;))

I occassionally dabble in the black art of poetry composition, but I find that I'm better at telling people how their poems ought to be written than writing them myself, sadly~

Ever since the first writing forum I joined turned into naught but a memory, I've been casting about for a place to BE. Maybe this'll be it - who can say. If anything, the place looks like fun.

See you 'round the boards...

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

I've reached the place in my poetry-writin' where I'm just waiting for the angry mob to tell me to cease and desist entirely :)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Fushsia,

Hi! and Welcome to AW!

Please read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Many questions about using this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page. Also handy for first-time users is the common acronym list. This helps you identify those mystifying abbreviations.

The most helpful Novel thread in all of AW
: here.

*Critiques* New members often ask about having work critiqued! They should first read the 50 Post rule. But when it comes to actually posting writing in the Share Your Work (SYW) area, this thread addresses many first time questions, while this one covers most common problems. found in SYW posts. *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Griffin Hayes

One evil little baby step at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Good luck with your novel.

Fuchsia

Mostly harmless
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcomes!

@Kelly and regdog - Thanks for the links, guys. I read up on them, but I have a mind like a cracked sieve... seemed pretty straightforward, though. Basically, "don't be a jerk," right?

@ zanzjan - Haha, yeah, I've got an angry mob telling me that already - they're all in my head though, so I just drown them out with loud music, and everything's cool.

@Griffin - Thank you! I've written three novels already, but this fourth one is the one I'm actually taking seriously. Don't know if that's been detrimental to the process or not, though.

arielky

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Fuschia, I think a lot of us here are writing novels or... thinking about it. This seems to be a well-established forum with many people really involved in it. I'm like you when it comes to writing poetry. The impulse is there, but not really the talent. Well, maybe we could trade poems and see if we could help each other. I would like to get my poetry critiqued here... after I get those 50 posts.

KristiJ

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristimjones.com
Hi Fuchsia,
Nice to meet you! I think I really started to understand how to put a novel together after the fourth one! This writing business is not an easy thing to master! I only recently came out of lurkdom here, but have found everyone to be very supportive and helpful. Hope you have the same experience!
Good luck with your novel,
kristi

Fuchsia

Mostly harmless
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Fuschia... Well, maybe we could trade poems and see if we could help each other. I would like to get my poetry critiqued here... after I get those 50 posts.

I will be on the lookout for your poetry, then, when you get your 50! I haven't been writing any as of late - mostly focused on the novel. But I imagine if I get back into the swing of poetry writing, I'll look forward to your comments on whatever I may post! Or, if you wish to PM with a piece, I will try to comment in a timely manner.

@Kristi - Thank you! Nice to meet you as well.

@Amber - Thanks for the welcome~

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Oh, and I hope things work out between you and your drug pusher pharmacist. :tongue