The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been to Max Brenner! I would totally go. It's going to be tough for me to make the Purgy meet up if there is one, because I have a thing on June 6 and I can usually only manage one sitter a week :(

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
June 4-8. :)

YAY! :D Okay, we must pick day that works for you.

I haven't been to Max Brenner! I would totally go. It's going to be tough for me to make the Purgy meet up if there is one, because I have a thing on June 6 and I can usually only manage one sitter a week :(

You haven't been? Oh no. This must be remedied. We will find a day to go.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If I haven't mentioned it, Lily and Tas are both Goddesses.

If I have mentioned it, it bears repeating.

:D

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Evening all.

Have to admit, I never learned that two space after periods rule, so this is news to me? Then again, my parents didn't get their first computer until like 98, I think. I remember typing my first novella (incidentally the only long thing I've ever written in German on a typewriter :tongue)

Also, it is indeed super entertaining to watch vfury type. ;)

In other news, getting used to my overnight schedule again after having been gone for four weeks is kind of kicking my ass.

Tas, I'm glad my stupidly jetlaggy brain was able to crank out some semi-coherent comments. ;)

Yay for tons of clients for Para. :D

Also yay for NYC purgie meetups. Super envious, I loved NYC. Need to go back some day. :)

Making tea. Contemplating writing. These revisions will end some day.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously..... *** Warning big Sappy Lela Moment Ahead***

I'm a *much* better writer than I was a year and a half ago when I wandered into this strange little corner of teh interwebz.

And y'all are a big part of that-- not only for the moral support, the insight, and the excellent critique-- but also because writing makes me part of this group, so I keep at it. Even when it hurts. :whip:

So, thanks! :D

Last edited:

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the QUEEN of gratuitous :e2crown: .... and that ain't even close :e2brows:

SNORPLE!

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Afternoon, all. I only went back a few pages.

Colby, I understand congrats are in order. :) All my best to you, your hubs, and the unborn dancer.

And Dolly Parton says, "If I get one more facelift, I'm gonna have a beard."
Better than a mustache! Hee.

It is simultaneously awesome and terrifying to watch my inbox fill up all by itself. I just got a client who was referred by a previous client who was referred by a previous client. That's crazy.
There you go. So happy for you. Perchance is it a romance writer? I'm telling you, get in with that crew and you'll have steady, steady income, especially if you facilitate self-publishing.

I can't even begin to say how sad this makes me 800 year old tree falls to illegal loggers
This makes me very sad. Our federal government has a pro-business, anti-environmental leaning. They are progressively decimating the infrastructure for our public park system. Of course, poaching happens at the best of times, but to not be able to detect this magnitude of an operation doesn't say much.

Re typing: I taught myself when I was fourteen and wrote my first novel. It was a manual typewriter, and I don't have a left thumb, but I got up to 80 words a minute. Took me a few weeks to stop double-spacing after a period.

Last edited:

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Oh, thanks, Lily. I erased it. Didn't make me feel better and certainly won't help anyone else.

Okay. I'm off to go for a walk. Have a good evening, all.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
::
When I was younger I got whistled at and hollered at all the time. I used to be really offended by the whole thing. Now? I walked into Target or Home Depot or something the other day and this guy working there turns around and goes, "Hey, what's goin' ON, lady?" And I grinned and thought to myself, dude, you just made my day. God bless the men who show frazzled women in dirty sweats a little love. :ROFL:
Ha ha. This is exactly how I felt.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com

YAY! :D Okay, we must pick day that works for you.

You haven't been? Oh no. This must be remedied. We will find a day to go.

My schedule is a little whack right now. Anyone available for some sort of breakfast on Thursday? Other than that, drinks after the Teen Author Carnival Tuesday?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Gahhhh... writing this from my phone. So my MIL keeps getting Sharkbite these various "christian" items, like books and videos. While I'm not necessarily objecting to the content (we ARE christians too - just not as conservative as her), I do insist on excellence and quality in all media I expose my son's little brain to. And everything she gets him is just god-awful CRAP. Right now he's watching this video that is supposed to be teaching the alphabet, but it's educationally just WRONG. Like they're making letters from various household items. Example: "a D looks like one half of a ring!" Sharkbite sees the ring: "O!" And apparently an E is the shape of... six dominoes. Who WROTE this crap? Very seriously considering making it disappear.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lela, thanks, but [major nerd moment] I own all 3 already. :D

Very opinionated opinion follows: I loved Supernatural for the first 5 seasons. I hated S6. S7 it had its moments... but it's jumped the shark. :cry: They should've ended it, I don't know, halfway through S6 maybe, before the show lost its center. :cry:

Just mended a bunch of clothes, fingers are sore, going to bed now. Till tomorrow. :)

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Lily, I actually pretty much stopped watching it halfway through season six, dragged on to the finale and watched the beginning of season seven, but right now the rest of it is just lingering on my DVR. Meh. I agree, the first five seasons were awesome. Boo. :(

Had a conversation with a friend the other day about how they really should turn Stephen Hawking's stuff into children's books. Because it would be awesome. I mean, who else uses an analogy of pigeon shit to prove a point? :)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I just read through most of this thread on reddit, and it occurred to me that a lot of other purgies might find this as fascinating as I did. It's a deaf writer asking for clarification about various sound-words. The discussions below are really interesting too.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Spent most of my day (a) searching for comfy summer shoes for NYC, (b) reading about superstring theory and the implications of parallel universes, and (c) kinda sorta working on the manuscript.

I suppose both (a) and (b) could be considered connected with (c), but clearly, I was just procrastinating.

I did buy these, though. For Aerosoles, they're actually really cute. And comfy.

aerosoles-shoes-san-francisco-201205051802-4.c050512.jpg

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
lg yay for puglet love!

blondie, i can't see foto but bought
some bjorn wedges for ALA. in 2009
i really killed my feet. now, def must be
more practical. so passed on cute not
as comfortable mules.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Jumping the shark comes from Fonzi on water skis literally jumping over a shark. SPN isn't close to that ridiculousness. I don't get the knock at all. I thought the finale was logical consequences for the season leading up to it. Now we finally get Crowley as the Big Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.