The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

I said it on FB/Twitter last night, but I'll say it here too. Let the world end tonight. Tomorrow, when we all wake up, make the new world a better one.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin' Purgies!!! TGIF!!!

So glad the world didn't end today.

group-hug2.jpeg

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Solstice! Happy Apocalypse Survival! I forget the other one.

Tas, brilliant!

I need to call my hairdresser when the shop opens because I found someone who can do my author pics and I need highlights and a cut. Chances of getting in this time of year? Yeah, right. not holding my breath.

Need to finish book 2 which is down to about 3 scenes and I'm already into the big one. Today maybe?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Mornin' folk!

I said it on FB/Twitter last night, but I'll say it here too. Let the world end tonight. Tomorrow, when we all wake up, make the new world a better one.

Amen!

Mornin' Purgies!!! TGIF!!!

So glad the world didn't end today.

Hey, it ain't over til it's over. Apparently Sharkbite is a Mayan enthusiast. He was up late last night, and on a no-nap day that should mean he sleeps in. Nope. I get up at 7 to pee and his bedroom door is open and he's gone. I find him in the office, sitting on my chair, watching the sunrise out the window. The sky turned completely red.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

According to the Mayans (who are still alive and kicking south of the border), it didn't mean the end of the world, just the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. So, yeah, your tweet was perfect and I couldn't agree more.

Blessed Yule to those who celebrate.

Sunna, that sounds beautiful and sad.

Clovia, fingers crossed that you're not kept hanging.

Busy day today. Met with a friend for coffee, she gave me my very own PeenPal (see my FB page for photo). I then braved the posh supermarket, since I'd already bagged a parking space there. I have been picking up bits and pieces for Christmas eats over the last month, so I didn't have much left to get. Tonight, I'm meeting Mr FD in the pub after work for a drink, then we'll pick up an Indian takeaway. I am sooo looking forward to my sinus-clearing chicken Madras. :D

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pouting a bit.... So I missed the sun salutations.... I have a problem with numbers if I don't read them carefully and double check them I transpose, duplicate, and jumble them all up. I read the time 9:30 - 10:30.... The time was 9:00 to 10:30...

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
I overslept...was late to work and am now counting down the hours until I can go home for 4 days (and be lazy 3 of them)!

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Release date, sort of, for R3LICS...June 2013. No idea when in June. Not sure how or if this affects Snogfest. :)

Last edited:

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs to all* Glad we're still here. Still, I'm going to an end-of-the-world party tonight. Any excuse to drink, right? :D

I'm so out of it...didn't realize that after today I had 4 days off in a row. Knew it was coming, but didn't quite get that it started tomorrow. :e2hammer:Where is the time going??? *panics*

ETA: YAY, Dragon!!!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Dragon!

Listen my children, and you shall hear,
How retail used to be in yesteryear

Seeing your posts reminded me of the one year I worked in retail at Christmastime pre bigbox stores. I worked in women's clothing/jewelry boutique in our small town and loved it, because i got to decorate the windows any way I wanted, and we changed them every couple of weeks.. When I worked Christmas Eve by myself, I sold a ton of stuff to men coming in at the last minute to buy wives/girlfriends presents. We had lovely wrapping paper to wrap everything.

This was in the days precomputer and when a boss would trust a seventeen-year-old to add up all the receipts, count the money, prepare the bank deposit slip, shut up the store for the night and take the money to the night deposit at the bank.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May I please have the positive travel vibes of the Purgatory folks? On his way here from Boston, Kid Two's car broke down on the Boston side of Springfield. He doesn't know where he is or what's wrong, just that it stalled when he was doing about fifty and the check-engine light came on. The GF is able to get out her door without being creamed by Mass Pike traffic, so she's gone in search of a mile marker before they call AAA.

He definitely won't make it for The Kid's birthday dinner, and may not make it in time for Christmas, depending on what's wrong with the car. I rarely hear him this upset and frustrated. It made me want to scoop him up and hold him, but if he were here and I could, it wouldn't be necessary, now, would it?

I suppose I've been truly spoiled, always having both out kids here for their birthdays and Christmas even into their young adult years. Maybe this is the year that ends.

Maryn, kind of blue

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I have the best husband ever. He took my car in to be serviced, dropped off my dry cleaning, and is now taking the dog to the park. Small things, but so helpful in my chaotic life.

:)

ETA: {{{Maryn}}} I hope the problem gets fixed quickly. Would a rental be an option?

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Hey all.
Crazy windy day here -- my holiday arrangement that I made just got bowled over, and I'm really hoping the pot didn't crack. : ( And the paper star I hung got shredded before I got home to take it in.

My house is filled with kiddos today, and every time I think about telling them to tone it down I can't do it. I'm just so glad they are here and having fun. Someone in our town is taking potshots at buses with a bb gun. I drive my kids both ways, but a lot of their friends take the bus. People are crazy and need to go the #$# away.

Yay on all the good book news, and hugs to my purgies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A powerful lot, Purgatory. The car is back on the road. Thanks!

edit: Not two minutes after posting, the phone rang. Car has broken down again. It's not lookin' good.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I've been truly spoiled, always having both out kids here for their birthdays and Christmas even into their young adult years. Maybe this is the year that ends.

This is the first year we haven't all been home for Christmas. My older brother is off in Tanzania, swimming in the Indian Ocean at midnight and visiting Zanzibar. It's strange not having him here. Glad Kid Two is coming home.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Made it so SF. Cold and rainy and loving every moment of it. JL and I are already have a wonderful time. Going shopping downtown, then meeting friends for dinner. Only had to two THREE CALLS FROM THE DAY JOB TODAY... *rolls eyes*

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Cat wasn't Chase.

He is a cat D's going to visit, though. This cat hadn't eaten in days. D. asked to see him, and the cat let him pet him, got into it, purred, and when they finally put him back in his cage, ate both the wet food and dry food. The lady said it's often like that with the older cats that stay there a while. They're there for a month, no one pays attention to them, and they stop eating and decide to die. :cry: She said the elderly are pretty much the only people that adopt older cats because they're looking for both the sedate energy level and an animal that won't outlive them.

The cat D. saw hadn't responded to anyone there before. He's stiff every time the volunteers handle him and didn't like other cats. With D. there, he was friendly and relaxed.

But not Chase. :(

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
[incredibly proud mom moment]

Kiddo just got early acceptance into RIT! In his first choice of schools!

[/incredibly proud mom moment]

So... Anyone have a gunny sack I can borrow for when I rob several banks to pay for this? :rolleyes: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.