The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Nasty weather here, and schools are closed, so I'm doing the work-from-home thing. Won't lie, the idea of NOT going into the office today filled my poor icy heart with glee.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Lily, love the hat!

Dys, those are awesome! Why are purgies (other than me) so artistically talented? I can't even draw stick figures, yet my mother used to be an artist.

Blue, you have a 6'7" newphew? *boggles* He'd hit his head on our doorways.

Last day of work before vacation!! (Unless supervisor fails to get back to me in time with revisions to a major report that I need to go out this afternoon in order for that to happen, in which case I have to work tomorrow, after all.) But hey, I'll make the effort to be optimistic So... last day of work!! :snoopy:

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* Hubby wasn't supposed to work until 5 tonight, but of course his opening manager just called to say her father won't let her come in to work in this weather, so now hubby has to go out into it...

Realize that this woman is in her mid-twenties. Must be nice to still have daddy running your life...

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
:Wha: Tas, seriously? If she's the manager she should perhaps not still be Daddy's Little Princess.

Yeah, I'm a bit grumpy about the situation. The rest of the world has to put on their big girl panties, I'm not sure why she gets a pass.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She gets a pass because she's the manager, silly!

We bought the kids' big presents last night. Thank goodness it was Mr. Maryn's credit card, because the total would have made me backpedal and decide to get something else.

I'm heading to the bookstore soon, for the last little something to even up the amounts spent. I suppose I should be classy and get dressed first, though. Now my only worry on the gift front is whether we're at the near or far end of Amazon's range of arrival dates.

I had something very odd happen yesterday regarding Facebook. As you may recall, I'm on Facebook with all of 3 friends, on purpose--it's just a family connector, and I won't add you all even if you bat your eyelashes real pretty when you ask. (Although I'd like to see Vandal, Rick, and Steve do that, just for the entertainment value.) Anyway, this handsome man I used to work with, and who tried very hard to sleep with me even though I was newly married (and, I admit, somewhat tempted, because he's that good looking) sent a friend request. I haven't had any contact with him since Dys was a newborn, so it just seemed really weird that he'd find me. Or be looking. I literally cannot see any way our friends or email contacts or any of that might overlap.

Maryn, mystified

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Apparently, we could get 5 inches of the white stuff. So, it will be off to the grocery store today to pick up stuff for meals for a few days.

At least all I planned to do this weekend was help Mom bake, so this should work out well.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* Hubby wasn't supposed to work until 5 tonight, but of course his opening manager just called to say her father won't let her come in to work in this weather, so now hubby has to go out into it...

Realize that this woman is in her mid-twenties. Must be nice to still have daddy running your life...

So nice that her father has the final say on where her responsibilities lie. Even her work-related ones. :rolleyes:

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
So nice that her father has the final say on where her responsibilities lie. Even her work-related ones. :rolleyes:
Dude, my father would have been like "Grow up, get out there, and learn to drive in the snow." But then, my dad's lived in Ithaca and Syracuse. And he's not a control freak. :rolleyes:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Well isn't she just Daddy's little princess. Jeesh.

No snow here, just rain. Lots of it.

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, my father would have been like "Grow up, get out there, and learn to drive in the snow." But then, my dad's lived in Ithaca and Syracuse. And he's not a control freak. :rolleyes:

I think it's more the thought of her dad making the decision for her that's boggling me. If she thinks it's too dangerous to go out in it, fine, but someone else shouldn't be making the decision for her.

Last edited:

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's more the thought of her dad making the decision for her that's boggling me. If she thinks it's too dangerous to go out in it, fine, but someone else shouldn't be making the decision for her.
That was part of my point. If anything, he should be encouraging her to take responsibility as an adult. If she chooses not, okay. But to still be taking orders from him is crazy.

vfury

Registered
Reaction score
That was part of my point. If anything, he should be encouraging her to take responsibility as an adult. If she chooses not, okay. But to still be taking orders from him is crazy.

Yes, sorry, I was agreeing with you. (I haven't had coffee yet, and it shows in that I rewrote my previous post three times, trying to make sense.) And it doesn't seem to bother her that she's foisted her responsibilities onto someone else now.

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, I was agreeing with you. (I haven't had coffee yet, and it shows in that I rewrote my previous post three times, trying to make sense.) And it doesn't seem to bother her that she's foisted her responsibilities onto someone else now.
Oh hey, I just figured I wasn't being clear. :) I'm half asleep this morning, and that's despite my coffee.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna be a wreck until hubby calls to say he made it to work ok

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Dys, those are beautiful! You need to open up an etsy shop. :)

Dys- I totally agree. I'm looking now for a pretty hat or fascinator but everything is blah or $400.

Mornin' folk!

Nasty weather here, and schools are closed, so I'm doing the work-from-home thing. Won't lie, the idea of NOT going into the office today filled my poor icy heart with glee.

Yay for no school! My poor kids will never know the joy of snow days, although we do occasionally get hurricane days.

Plus now you can stalk the Damsel in this Dress sale. :)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning. I realized that I've been lurking for a few days only because I've been mostly on my phone, but rest assured that I have been nodding along with all your posts.

Tas, that woman is a sociological case study about extended adolescence, generational shifts, and helicopter parenting. *shakes head* Kids today! And by "kids" I mean adults in their twenties who see themselves as kids.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Brandy, the hat I just bought was $25. My first hat was $30. This was more or less the search string I used: Women's steampunk hats > accessories > hats, and then sort by lowest price. Ignore the top row then, because that's their "featured" row, and they're pricey.

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Morning, all.

Tas, glad he got there in one piece.
I would love a snow day. Today, please.
Seconding the call for Dys to open an etsy shop. Last time I tried a hot glue gun, my fingers somehow wound up stuck together. No. Crafty. Talent.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Wait, what did I do?

Morning all. I haz holiday stress, work stress, and book stress, so just a quick hi from me and back to it.

Hugs and yays.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I found a couple of Rick Recaps so I'm semi-caught up! Tas, that is REEEE diculous... I bet the little princess is lying so she doesn't have to admit she's just too lame to go out in the snow. No Dad worth his salt would let her get away with that! Glad your hubs made it in safe.

I sang karaoke last night and it was the most fun I've had in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.