Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Congratulations to Johnny Law, Esq. (I know, I know, that's more an East Coast thing.)

That's okay. He's a born and bred New Yorker.

Thank you guys for all the congratulations. I raced home from work to be there at 6pm when the results went up. We had a little snafu trying to find the right numbers to log in with, then when the words "this name appears on the pass list" popped up on the screen I literally screamed, hugged him, then burst into tears. I think maybe I hadn't realized how stressed I'd been waiting for these results. So much hinged on him passing...

Now, we just need to find him a good job. No small task in this economy, but I have faith. He's an amazing man with a fascinating background and an Ivy League education. He'll land somewhere wonderful.

I'm still on Cloud 9. Everything I've accomplished in my own life, well, I've never been as proud of any of them as I am of him right now. What he's been through in the last 3 years... He's amazing.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn, I think that's lovely. And The Kid sounds like a most insightful human being.
+1

CB and Blue - good luck on the tracking test and the rev!

Good luck to our other Blue, too. * hoping for no blisters or leg cramps *

(((Kell)))

Blond - congrats again to JL. I'm thrilled for both of you.

I've been struggling though the outline to Book 3 today. Whoa is me.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where's Lily's spatula? I got this one.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Writing and also reading today. Looking forward to the semester being over, just so I can breathe. Not so sure my book is going to be done by the end of this month, but I should come close anyway. :)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
So, I think I mentioned earlier in the year that I was making a few crocheted afghans for Christmas presents. Well, I just finished the second one (ahead of schedule, I might add!) and since I can't really post about them on FB or anything (since they're intended to be surprises), I thought I'd crow to you guys here.

So, here are the pics of the two afghans I made:

Blueafghan1resize.jpg

Blueafghan2resize.jpg

Swirlafghan1resize.jpg

Swirlafghan2resize.jpg

I'm so freakin' proud of me.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got my eyes checked out today and finally got the reading glasses I suspected I needed. One of the salespeople out on the floor told K something kind of funny.
When we were kids, you'd rather let your eyes get shitty than wear glasses, and rather look like you teethed on an eggbeater than get braces. Kids are super excited these days to get either, because they're cool.

Also, people are getting glasses with plain glass lenses, as accessories, like hats. The salespeople call them "personality wear" or some such, but the guy helping me was pretty honest about considering them "poser wear."

Hee.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tas, that second (orange?) one is really beautiful. The blue one is, too, but I like that one :)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Clovia - Both of them were done using two strands of yarn at a time, so on the second one, it's one strand coral, one strand light peach. I thought it came out really nice.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely afghans, Tas!

Clovia, jealous of your glasses. Need new glasses and contacts.

My guests haven't been so bad. Of course they were late (always) and princess is princessy. During ???? hang-out time with male guest, he told me they haven't been able to have guests even though they just got a new, bigger apartment because of all the infestations. OK, really not wanting to visit now. Plus I could tell he's embarrassed about all the unreciprocated hosting.

I think the most dreadable part is to come -- female guest thinks she will finish marathon about an hour and a half slower than my husband, so we are in for a lot of standing-around time tomorrow. My kids HATE going to races and waiting around. All they do is ask when we can leave, over and over. And it's going to be pretty cold too.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
*tacklehugs Cricket*

Sammy, :e2fairy:*fairy dust* for you paranormal romance.

Maryn, I think that's lovely. And The Kid sounds like a most insightful human being. No surprise. :)

Another +1

Tas, they look great!

charmingbillie

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Hotel Room Blue says hi:

He is also saying he wants to go out.

Kell, glad you survived the guests. I think that's hard, having people who aren't close come to stay. Thus why I'm a hermit.

Maryn, I so understand what you're talking about, I wrote for years and years before publishing a novel, though I did have some short stories. And now I oscillate between being so happy about the books and thinking there's SO much more I want to accomplish (and feeling doomed about bad books that do so much better one way or another).

But I also probably benefit from thinking I'm way younger than I am :) (Denial--sometimes it's a good thing).

Draw for the tracking test isn't until 10 AM (tracks must age at least 3 hours) so Hotel Room Blue and I are hanging out here for awhile. Blue is going to rearrange the pillows on the bed a few more times. Maybe I should do some writing.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Almost done with a friend's pillow for Christmas. Since Tas posted pics of her beautiful afghans, I figured I would post my Sp!derman. :)

spidey.gif

I get to go watch a live ballet today, "The Snow Queen". It's based on a Hans Christian Anderson tale. I've never seen it, so it should be interesting.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hotel Room Blue is a very bonny boy. Good luck today!

Tas, they're both beautiful. I have never been able to figure out how to crochet. Knitting, no problem.

Kell, I hope today isn't too dire for you. :( What a drag having to stand around and wait in the cold, especially for the kids.

I got nothing. Just about to try and find some writing mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.