The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I think the question is, what is boss willing to do for you if you show up and don't burn the place down? After all, she already cleared you to take Fridays off. I think this is a showdown. She owes you big and immediately.

Red's question is infinitely better.

oooooooo. Yeah I need those and I still need the chainmail codpiece from the comments from ... Snappy I believe back when lily posted the snogfest rules.

And yes, you indeed do.

For the record, I'm now picturing a chainmail codpiece with beast wings. I feel dirty.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
So, I just woke up and this literally was the first thing I read. Um. Must be Tuesday. Er, Wednesday in Purgatory. :tongue

AKA Hump Day...and now, I need a shower.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I think the question is, what is boss willing to do for you if you show up and don't burn the place down? After all, she already cleared you to take Fridays off. I think this is a showdown. She owes you big and immediately.

This. A thousand times, this.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
We'd managed to whittle it down to 3 people in the lobby. Now it's back up to 5. And I have yet to be able to take a lunch break. Starting to feel ill.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Hey, wasn't I the first person to push the Toe Shoes in here?

This is a stupid virus and I don't like it. Blergh. I actually took a walk yesterday, decided I was too tired to immediately move my car for street cleaning, annnnddd of course forgot and got a f***ing ticket, which I can so afford.

Oh well.

I think I was going to say a bunch of other stuff, but I forget.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my, I really need to stop reading posts today. Won't even tell you what I thought when I read vibrams.

Snappy, who is stealing from Maryn and needs to get her mind out of the gutter.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, wasn't I the first person to push the Toe Shoes in here?

You probably were, but I have to watch Caleb wear his EVERY SINGLE DAY at work. ;) It has an impact.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't help it. When I read 'toe shoes,' I'm thinking ballet. So I'm imagining Caleb in pale pink satin toe shoes, the laces crisscrossing his shapely ankles before the pretty bow...

Maryn, wearing non-toe shoes, a.k.a. sandals

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm imagining Caleb in pale pink satin toe shoes, the laces crisscrossing his shapely ankles before the pretty bow...

Beast wings, chainmail cod piece, and pink ballet slippers. I see an outfit!

I guess the question is... Should my hair be up or down?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
{{{Lisa}}} Are you at least feeling better? :) I always get parking tickets in the stupidest places. Got one once for parking too close to a hydrant. Sigh.

Tas, those olive oils look fantastic. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sharkbite was being rather autonomous this morning (ie willing to play for 5 minutes at a time by himself rather than the constant MOMMA COME MOMMA SIT) so I chickened out on Ikea and got some stuff done at home instead. Probably better for us all. ;)

And now if you'll all excuse me I will be over here climbing the walls until the House finale next week. They have driven me absolutely bananas in the best possible way. I have watched every single episode of this show, many multiple times, and I know exactly what points they are trying to make and where they are driving. And yet I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. This is so rare it should be a freaking national holiday. I am in the most exquisite agony. ;)

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Beast wings, chainmail cod piece, and pink ballet slippers. I see an outfit!

I guess the question is... Should my hair be up or down?

Let's braid it! :D

Hugs to Lisa for the ick and tickets. Ugh. :(

Toe shoes... Would be intriguing to me if I didn't get cold feet so easily and my left foot wasn't about an inch shorter than my right. Don't see those working for me unless I'd be willing to spring for two in different sizes.

~ Dys, who is a copycat and happy in her Converse.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Jo, your post made me laff! The HOUSE part.

I haven't gotten a parking ticket in ages, and of course what bugs me is that I knew to move my car, told myself I would do it later, and it was even one of those, "if you don't do this now, you realize you'll forget" moments. And yet, I did it anyway!

I know Haupe mentioned part 2 of the interview but I'mma gonna mention it again because she asks such awesome questions and I really enjoyed the opportunity to rant. Plus there's a giveaway, given away by me.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Blondie-- any good lawyer could get you acquitted if you were to say.... go all REDRUM up in that motha'

Just saying.

LISA! Not only was G3taway on the front of the G00gle Play store on my fone, BUT! It was #1 in the "Staff Picks" Section. I tried to get a screen shot... but i iz not techminilogically gifted.

Jo- I'm with you. Cash speaks VOLUMES.

Lily & Tas Rock Socks of the highest order.

And Caleb's hair should be done up in Princess Leia Buns. DUH.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Burn the place down, Blond.

DO EEET!

For fuck's sake, Blond, this is ridiculous.

Maybe you should just get them all together in her office and make a Thriller dance video?

Or announce that it's actually a casting call for a remake of What About Bob, and the chosen 50? 100? who make the cut will be asked to interview with your boss early next week, and will be required to stay in character the entire time.

WIN.

LISA! Not only was G3taway on the front of the G00gle Play store on my fone, BUT! It was #1 in the "Staff Picks" Section. I tried to get a screen shot... but i iz not techminilogically gifted.

:hooray: Woohoo, Lisa!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Got an R on a full with some very in depth comments and an invitation to resubmit if I follow them! Funny thing is, the comments are almost exactly the same as the ones from my coach in The Writer's Voice, so I'm already partway through. I'm very thrilled, seeing as this is one of my favourite agents on Twitter.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bought Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It's a voice recognition program I've been looking at for some time. I've been having a lot of problems with my left arm. I hyper-extended my elbow a couple of years ago and it's recently flared up again. It's slowed my writing down a lot.

I'm actually pretty impressed with how well this program is working with one little, itty bitty, baby training session. I'm actually dictating this post using it. Needless to say this is a lot easier on my arm than typing, typing, typing.

I'm surprised it's as easy to use as it is. Some people were saying that the program in Windows 7 was just as good, but I tried it and it was awful. This has been a breeze to use right out of the box, so I'm a pretty happy Dragon using Dragon right now. :)

Last edited:

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Or announce that it's actually a casting call for a remake of What About Bob, and the chosen 50? 100? who make the cut will be asked to interview with your boss early next week, and will be required to stay in character the entire time.
I so love What About Bob that I was immediately transported to the movie - baby steps - and forgot all about Blond's dilemma. But this was so random. Why this movie?? And Blond, I really do sympathise. Absolutely ridiculous behaviour. Can you at least write while you're there? Do you have to work?
Got an R on a full with some very in depth comments and an invitation to resubmit if I follow them! Funny thing is, the comments are almost exactly the same as the ones from my coach in The Writer's Voice, so I'm already partway through. I'm very thrilled, seeing as this is one of my favourite agents on Twitter.
Tally, that is fantastic. I'm so impressed with your talent and dedication at this age. Wish I'd started much earlier.

Dragon, I didn't realize you were so hampered. I'm very sorry, but glad you have such a helpful tool.

I tried to take the dogs (corgis) for a walk this afternoon so that I could get exercise and exhausted myself after a couple of blocks. There were several dogs barking behind gates and fences and both mine behaved as if they were going to die a horrible death if they didn't immediately hurl themselves full tilt in the direction of the dog(s), but in the opposite direction of one another. It was like trying to simultaneously break two wild horses or drive an out-of-control chariot. Mr Blue said I should have a helmet cam on next time and the video would go viral.

Status
Not open for further replies.