Status
Not open for further replies.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
(((Maryn))) Hope someone will feel responsible and fix this as soon as possible.

As much as I loved Ireland, its plumbing and mysterious shower heaters are still a mystery to me. Cold water isn't fun. Very glad Para and vfury both seem to have missed my "Oh Gods, fuck! Ice water!" shower dance that first morning. It was memorable, I tell you. :tongue

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dragon, your dog sounds sweet. But why are you walking past emus??

I live in a rural area and the neighbors over one street have emus in their yard.

Next door are chickens and a turtle. Tons of people have dogs.

Um, yeah...

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Blond, do you know if Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe AZ is stocking it? If so, I could ask them about helping promo it - it's not far away.

No idea. HA! All I know is that B&N isn't.

Maryn, I'm SO sorry. You should demand a discount on rent. That's ridiculous.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
WHOO HOOO, DYS!!!!

Maryn, I'm with Blonde. DISCOUNT!

Blonde, I'll do what I can, which is probably gonna be tweeting/FB-ing. I am in a world of stress right now, and this, after I reached my "Zen Place."

Yesterday was gawdawful. House inspection for offer. Four hours. FOUR HOURS. Same guy who inspected when I bought the place, so I'm not sure why it took so long. Of course there's a leak under the house--a minor one because I haven't noticed increased water bills or heard or seen anything, and basically the plumbing under there needs to be redone and I've known that for ages, and the buyer knows it too so it doesn't seem to be stopping the train. But wow, the stress. And what made it absolutely over the top was, this is a first-time buyer who apparently did not understand that while it is fine to bring one friend with you, inviting over FOUR OTHER FRIENDS who showed up and clomped around MY HOUSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION is entirely f***ing inappropriate. I was livid.

Anyway more house crap today, including a plumber. I am so sick of this process. I just want it to be over.

I somehow managed to write 500 words last night. Not a ton but under the circumstances, I'll take it.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
(((Maryn))) Discount on rent or stay extended! One or the other should be offered and you should take which works for you. I hope it gets resolved soon.

OL, your current situation with 1st time buyer made me shudder. I sold my Atlanta townhouse to a 1st time buyer and he was the buyer from hell. Not only his first house, but he'd spent his life in a lab (I started to wonder if he was the specimen, not the scientist) and did not seem to know how to interact with humans. I had FIVE floods in this townhouse during my under 2 yr tenure and everything had been upgraded to the max from when I bought it. Yet he kept asking me how I could justify asking $$$ when I had paid $$ for it. I disclosed the floods, but also had a document from an engineer saying the cause (sink hole) had been resolved. He could not get his head around the home 'appreciation', but obviously wanted it, so he persevered. I did a Sale by Owner, so no buffer between me and the guy. He had a realtor. In the end, he asked if I would advance $250 to him for the realtor, which he would pay back at the closing. He did not. In fact, he ran out the door and jumped in his car. I was so incensed that I proceeded to remove every single thing from the townhouse that wasn't nailed down, left it uncleaned and didn't move out until midnight of the day he was supposed to take possession - the exact opposite of how I would have been if he'd been decent.

Anyhoo...not that your sale is going to go that way. :D

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Thanks, all.

This buyer has done some research, in a good way, at least. She gets the land value and that it's going nowhere but up (and even when times have been really bad, the land in Venice has held its value well). So she knows what she's getting into. She's young, making good money, at that point in her career where she can expect to continue to do better.

I was surprised to find, late last night, as I was trying to de-stress from all of this, that houses in the part of SF where my sis lives are waayyyy cheaper than here. The low end houses are a lot less, to the point where I may want to think creatively about how I am going to live and try to buy something instead of spending a lot of money on a rental. The mortgage would actually be less in many cases than the going rate of rents. We shall see.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds hopeful about SF, OL, but huge hugs for being stuck with all of this. I hated every moment of selling our last house.

(((Maryn)))

(((Mystery))) Big fat boo on the R, but they offered crit, and that's always good!

Book comes out a week today :chair

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
(((( hugs all around ))) esp U OL and Maryn

Blond do you know if Books a Million is goin to stock? There is one right down the road from me and I SO call dibs if there not :D

WOOT for soon to be book birthday Rosie

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
((((OL)))) That sounds awfully stressful. But yay for potential buyer and a cheaper housing market for more options. Fingers crossed!

Yay for Rosie's upcoming book birthday! :D

I procrastinated like a mad, procrastinating thing and now I'm getting sleepy. Must. Resist.

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
((OL))

((Maryn)) - yes, a reduction in rent seems the least they can do.

Dys, hooray on the scholarship! That's terrific news.

Nothing big going on over here, just standard garden-variety stress and no writing while all the new-job stuff gets sorted out.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Ok I will STALK my local BAM! and if they don't have it I will ... gently congole them ;) to carry Ten.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to live on this planet anymore. *sigh*

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
(((Tas))) - if it makes you feel better, I hear Mars is terrible for writers. Something about being dead from lack of oxygen just stifles their careers like no-ones business.

OL - well mortgages are much more exciting than rent, it just depends on if you think you can take having the extra money and nice potential things you could buy, a tough decision to make.

Filigree - eeeee how exciting!! :D

Dys - oh wow a scholarship, that's great ! Well done you!

Status
Not open for further replies.