The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning loverlys :) <3 I hope y'all sleept well.

LIL - YAY on finishing first past edits!!
KT - *hugs*

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Lily, yay for finishing! Sorry about the aches.

Thalia, congrats!

(((KT)))

(((Para)))

Cold and wet here. Where's my spring?

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Rainy here too. My arthritis is acting up- so my back is aching, and I have too much to do today. I'm torn about taking my laptop to California. When we won't be traveling, I'll have net access at the house, but I'm worried about taking it because my last big trip, a businessman had his laptop stolen from him in security. Thoughts anyone?

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
I learned that when in England, one of the more important things in life is to never forget your umbrella. (Also, know where your towel is, but whatever. ;))

I think I'm quietly resigning myself to the fact that this book will never fucking end. Stupid climax chapter is stupid. And boring. And anyway, what was I thinking? Argh. *shakes fist at stupid book*

Maybe sudden inspiration will rain down from the sky. Maybe once this stupid cold has gone away and my brain is working properly again.

Anyway, last couple hours in London [insert sadface here].

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Rainy here too. My arthritis is acting up- so my back is aching, and I have too much to do today. I'm torn about taking my laptop to California. When we won't be traveling, I'll have net access at the house, but I'm worried about taking it because my last big trip, a businessman had his laptop stolen from him in security. Thoughts anyone?

Sammy, I think that's rare. My husband flies almost every week and takes his laptop all the time. Just keep an eye on the people ahead of you and retrieve your laptop first before you grab your shoes and everything else.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm making poor Dys feel worse by writing page after page of my act three climax right next to her. :tongue

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Sammy, I travel with a shitload of electronics all the time and never had any issues other than when I flew to the U.S. for the first time and forgot to take my laptop out of its bag (bad idea, bad). Pretty much what Amarie said, grab your electronics first and you'll be fine.

That said, I'm flying out of London this afternoon, so hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. ;)

I'm making poor Dys feel worse by writing page after page of my act three climax right next to her. :tongue

Yeah, I'm totally under-performing here. :tongue

And yes, let's blame it on the cold and not being able to think. Much better excuse than admitting that I'm full of writingfail. ;)

ETA: Lily, Para is totally ignoring me for the sake of her awesome climax. :tongue

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk.

Not much to say on my end.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As you wish

My brain was feeling accusatory last night and sent condemning dreams all night long.

Came upon an S.U.V. turned over on the highway. Didn't see any other cars involved.

Um I was inspecting my blood orange tree last night and I have around 20+ tiny blood oranges set on so far and it's still flowering.

Also I have two meads that have cleared and are ready to bottle! I have a habanero mead and an elderberry mead.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

But school has to be my first priority. I've only got 6 weeks left and I need to get back up to high honors if I want to wheedle anything out of my parents this summer :tongue

Just kidding. Sort of.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Morning.

(((KT)))) I'm sorry. I know this time of year is a particularly hard one for you. If I lived nearby, I'd swoop you up and take you to a waterpark for a day of splashing and utter silliness. Can you do something frivolous and smal?. This will sound ridonkulous, but aside from blasting music with a driving base, when I'm in a serious funk, I dip into a supply of kid-goodies that my children have long outgrown. I blow bubbles. Often in the house.

Yes, we're really that wild in Alberta. ;)

(((Para))) Rs hurt. No lie.

Hugs to all those who are aching, tired, sick, or gloomy.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The reps were funny. Somehow, the daylight and a full night of sleep makes everything seem better.

*knocks on wood* Just in case. :D

ETA: Haupe, I don’t think that sounds silly. I think it’s brilliant. A good swing can still make my day better. :)

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Morning all,
{{{KT}}} and {{{Dys}}}

Am convinced husband has a death wish. Yesterday's comment about my weight: "Yeah, it's great that you've lost so much - you were starting to look like your Aunt" (A lovely woman, but at least 50 lbs heavier than I have ever been)

Today's comment (while watching me get dressed, because he's annoying like that) "You know, you really don't have *that* much fat on you."

Mind you, this was me feeling pretty good before this, as I finally got to the point yesterday where I fall into 'normal' on a BMI chart. Grr.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Morning, all. Blowing bubbles usually makes me feel better too -- it's so calming and you've got all those deep breaths. Maybe combine it with popsicles or ice cream sandwiches if it is hot?

I'm trying to convince myself to go for a run. It's not working.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Becky, have I told you the story of Mr. Lily's "girdle" suggestion? If Mr. Becky is anything like Mr. Lily, he actually has no clue that what you're hearing is the opposite of what he's intending. You may need to explain it in words of one syllable. That's what I had to do to Mr. Lily.

Status
Not open for further replies.