Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
In the midst of deep researching my soon-to-be WIP. This is new for me in the sense that I thought of a pretty good pitch before I even had the story, LOL. Now I have to figure a way to make it work.

Weirdly, my books always start out with a log line: teen exorcist, YA And Then There Were None, Parent Trap meets Event Horizon, plus the REALLY crazy ones I never even wrote. HAHAHAHA. I think my brain only works in short form.

Oh, and tomorrow will be the 1-year anniversary of me finally signing with an agent. Man, time flies.

Holy crap, a year???? Where the hell did the year go?

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo Steve!

Please shoot me. My early July 4th "vacation" at the ILs this weekend is getting bumped because the freaking White House wants stuff from us by the 4th. So I'll be working evenings and all weekend. I find this both irksome and ironic.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
on Fitness- Heavy hoops are great. Belly dancing is fun. ZUMBA is legion. You could get the Les Mills people out in a heartbeaat & they have a bijillionty classes. I love these things- all the workout of jump rope without tripping over the danged rope.

on Videa Game Writing- there are a lot of "indie" games that are developed and then they pitch them to the big companies. They pay piss poor, and your friend will want to get $$ up front if he/she isn't invested in being a part of the creative team going forward if it gets picked up. Because some people that "hire" writers are counting on getting picked up, and when they don't there is no money to pay even the pittance they promised their writers. It is much the same in creator owned comics. Basically, you are a true believer and are invested in the success of the project or you're a sucker.

On the fact that y'all are awesome. Y'all are awesome. Seriously. Thought my head would explode last night and it's great to know that I'm not just crazy & selfish.

XOXOXO

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Lela! I actually do have some les mills folks coming, and a zumba instructor, too. Glad those were good ideas :)

All right, guys — the last of the beta-reccomended revisions has been entered into this MS. I got great, honest (I hope) feedback, and fixed lots of things. I’m going to do one read for the changes today, then I really am (no, I mean it) going to close this file and let it sit for a bit (a week at least, maybe longer if I can) before I read one more time.

Then I shall send it back. And probably throw up. :)

Thanks for helping me through this and listening to me angst — and apologies if I’ve annoyed anyone with it. :)

You guys are the best. :Hug2:

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Please shoot me. My early July 4th "vacation" at the ILs this weekend is getting bumped because the freaking White House wants stuff from us by the 4th. So I'll be working evenings and all weekend. I find this both irksome and ironic.

Oooh, the White House.

For some reason when I read this I had this flash where we were all in a movie and D3nz3l W@shington was the President.

I really need to stop daydreaming.

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com

Oooh, the White House.

For some reason when I read this I had this flash where we were all in a movie and D3nz3l W@shington was the President.

Don't you love how she slipped that in all fancy like. THE WHITE HOUSE NEEDS ME!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

This day kinda blows.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, the White House.

Denz3l would be an excellent movie president! Hollywood should get on that.

Argh, y’all. My friend called. She was on a business trip in FL and her hubs was gone to Bangladesh (kids are 16 and 18). Her daughter did something to herself — I didn’t press for details because she was freaked the fuck out — that required 21 stitches. But she did it on purpose. She was in the hospital for psych eval. These are ... like, perfect kids. Fuck, you guys. So hard for teenagers these days. I hate this for her, and I have NOTHING that will make it better. :(

Kris

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
I pretty much shouldn't be allowed to put words to paper most of the time, let alone publish them.

Feel better?

:D

Because you're TOO AWESOME and your words might LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE!?

Seriously, I have a bad, bad case of the FSDs this week too. My fiction is sh1t.

I just had a story rejected that was held for a year that I'd forgotten about totally. The rejection letter was something like, "We must pass on this story, and thus, we must also apologize for keeping it for so long." I'm like wow, if your rejection letters are any indication of what you think passes for writing...

And then I was like whoa, hey there, Ms. Bitter Writer in the mirror! Instead of starting on that bitter writer rant, maybe sip some soothing tea and listen to some quiet seashore sounds...

*meditates*

but after I did that, my fiction still all totally sucked. :(

*hugs stuffed bunny rabbit*
*cries*

ETA: OH GOD, lwalker. Big, big giant hugs for your friend (and now my problems are totally back in perspective). Poor, poor girl. The world sucks. :(

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Because you're TOO AWESOME and your words might LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE!?

Seriously, I have a bad, bad case of the FSDs this week too. My fiction is sh1t.

I just had a story rejected that was held for a year that I'd forgotten about totally. The rejection letter was something like, "We must pass on this story, and thus, we must also apologize for keeping it for so long." I'm like wow, if your rejection letters are any indication of what you think passes for writing...

And then I was like whoa, hey there, Ms. Bitter Writer in the mirror! Instead of starting on that bitter writer rant, maybe sip some soothing tea and listen to some quiet seashore sounds

*meditates*

but after I did that, my fiction still all totally sucked. :(

*hugs stuffed bunny rabbit*
*cries*

It does NOT!! I’ve read some of it. The were flamingos are totally unforgettable. :)

*pets Kris*
*pours more tea*

ETA: And thanks. Poor kid. Poor mom. Whole thing sucks ass. And definitely makes me feel like a selfish cowbag (thanks, Fire) for all the memememe bullshit. *hugs children*

Kris

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you love how she slipped that in all fancy like. THE WHITE HOUSE NEEDS ME!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

This day kinda blows.

I did love that, actually. We've all been there. It's SUCH a hassle when the Pres needs you :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
{{{lwalker}}} It's wicked hard for teenagers nowadays. I own two of the beasties; it's a mite easier for boys, but not much. May the poor little thing get the help she needs, and may her parents get some sleep. Because you know they aren't getting any now. :(

Kris

VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
I know. Every time my red phone rings, I'm like, "Bitch, again????? Can't you do anything by yourself?"

LMAO! Or when he texts in the middle of the night to come to Camp David? Jesus, I'm sorry but the food there sucks and you can't order in Chinese!

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Business side of writing question to those much wiser then I. I've had Disappear the Short (DtS) story sitting on a horror pubs maybe stack for some time now (2 yrs & 3 months as of the upcoming July). I'm working on Disappear the novel (DtN). Well the thought just occurred to me on something. IF DtS was deemed not crappy and pubbed at the horror magazine would that hinder, improve, or not change the chances of DtN?

They are essentially the same story just DtN grew into something so much more out of DtS.

Brandy

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all!
Spent the last few days getting pummeled by the storms sweeping through here. Hope all is well!
Joann_Hoffman_-_Tarpon_Springs_20120625174502_640_480.JPG

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
LMAO! Or when he texts in the middle of the night to come to Camp David? Jesus, I'm sorry but the food there sucks and you can't order in Chinese!

*exasperated sigh* "FINE! Send Airforce One. But I swear to God if this is another one of those 'life crises' that can be solved with a lollipop and some Blondroid common sense, I'm going to kick your ass, okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.