Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 19 of 909 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529446994119269519769 ... LastLast

Thread: The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

They will come from below... Tasmin21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaleb View Post
    Edit: Pick inserted below now instead of linked, tas where's yours?
    I just got back from a half hour run through my neighborhood. You don't get pictures til tomorrow.
    On Literary Intent, Facebook, Twitter, Reluctant Adults

Second Olympus: Available Now!
    JJD5: 16,378/80,000

awesome pic, caleb! (also sent a friend request)

just got back from Avengers
    ZOMG!

Got sunburned outside today. So not happy.

that is all.
    Homepage
    Twitter

Originally Posted by Clovia
    The residue on the mirror is Soylent Green. It's people! Velociraptor blow is peeeeeoppplllle!

And behold... A seed! CalebJMalcom's Avatar
    Just got back from seeing The Devil's Carnival. It was everything I hoped it to be. The ex and her daughter were there to see it. We talked and eventually sat next to each other and caught up, there is no getting back together but that doesn't mean either of us can't set things aside and move on like adults. Anyway over all a successful evening.
    If he is pretending then he still cares.

I have a +2 resistance to death but a -5 resistance to injury.

http://toomuchrambles.com/

Howdy, all!!!

So much fun seeing Xiao, Blue and GJB at the MG birthday bash today! And Clovia, X-Cin tells the truth -- I witnessed one of these "where did you get that jewelry and where can I get some?" encounters.
    (MY BOOKS & STUFF: here's the latest!)

Looking good Caleb!

There are so many meetups going on lately. It's awesome

I am still trying to figure out this twitter stuff. I am definitely not technologically savvy. I tried following the people who were following me, but I think wound up following several random people instead. Tricky website anyway...
    Moon Bound - Querying

Ring Around the Moon (short story) - finished, on Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...moon?chapter=1)

Urban Fantasy x 3 in progress

"Sometimes the wolves are silent, and the moon howls..."

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." -Joseph Campbell

Away from computer all day (since last I dropped in, anyway), so catching up.

D. was going to clean tonight, but something disagreed with his stomach and he spent the rest of the evening going "ugh". Another weekend with nothing done, sigh.

Also been invaded by bugs again because of his father's habits. Swarm of tiny flies attracted to anything with a scent. They know this area has a ton of bugs, so why can't they clean?

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe dystophil's Avatar
    I'm ninja posting from Steffi's iPad!

Hi, everyone. I have a plane ticket to Austin for a family situation. I don't want to call it an emergency, but, well, my sister-in-law needs some help.

I love visiting Texas -- I like people calling me "ma'am" and how polite everyone is. But when I am there to take care of business, everyone wants to be polite and make small talk and chat in a very slow and leisurely manner, and I just want to get things done. I feel so rude. I feel very at home visiting NYC. The pace suits me. In Texas I feel like an alien being.

I will be there one week and I intend to get everything done in that time. No time for chit chat.

Morning all.

Let's see. Saw Avengers yesterday- and like everyone said- it's the awesome.

I have a ghost hunter's meeting at noon, then I plan on trying to get some writing done.

nice picture, Caleb

Okay, here are the two geeky movie posts inspired by the new Sherlock Holmes series starting tonight

Sherlock Holmes actors and the Star Wars/Star Trek Connection

Sherlock Holmes on Screen - The Best and the Worst

Congrats to OL on the successful book birthday!

Terri, I hope your trip is very productive and your SIL is OK.

Clovia, you should not be surprised that people coveted x-cin’s necklace. Your stuff is fantastic.

Ooooh, ‘nother idea for the revisions.

Did you catch the Super Moon? Extra special for falling on a full moon this time.

It's when the moon is closest to the Earth and looks extra big and bright. Next one is 2029.

A cat may not look at a king kellion92's Avatar
    Amarie, awesome posts! I love comparing your two blog personas too!

Cloudy here last night, KT. No moon.

I want to see Avengers too!

Have "fun" in Texas, Teri

Quote Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
    Amarie, awesome posts! I love comparing your two blog personas too!
    Thanks! I love being able to sort my random thoughts/posts a little.

practical experience, FTW Dawn Schaefer's Avatar
    Love the book signing pics, OL. You guys look fabulous.

I spent all day yesterday trying to sort out the beginning of my book. Has anyone written an unreliable narrator in first person? I need to pick a brain.
    Twitter

Blog

-----------

Bummer, Kellion. It was pretty. Don't know if the phenomenon lasts the whole full moon cycle of 3 days.

Shiny new cover! AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    {{{Teri}}}

Did not get as much editing done yesterday as I would have liked. Going to unplug for most of the day. Later, all.

Morning, all. Lots going on in this neck of the woods so I've had less online time. I've missed you all. Haven't been able to go back very far, but:

(((Teri and SIL))) I hope things improve!

Meetup photos look great.

Caleb, nice outfit. (No, I'm not being snarky. Dramatic, attractive, and very you.)

No moon here either, kellion. Maybe tonight will be halfway decent? Finally awoke to sunshine for the first time in a month.
    ~ Tartitude ~ Twitter ~ Writer Unboxed ~ FB

"When writing a novel, that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day." ~Neil Gaiman

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties." ~Ze Frank

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe dystophil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dystophil View Post
    I'm ninja posting from Steffi's iPad!
    Hah, this is what happens if I let Para play with my toys. Sneaky ninja impersonation!

We just got back from meeting Fire, which was lovely and now we're having tea in the parlor of our lovely B&B.

Here are we at Costa's (Para is taking the picture)

Hearts the furrily challenged. vfury's Avatar
    Hello Purgies! Had lots of fun with Fire today. And as Para took Dys' photo, I took one of her:

Blog | Twitter

YA dysfunctional werewolves: 83k, back in the game
    YA clockpunk Alice: revising

Good morning Purgies!

I'm at the airport, on my way to Seattle again. This week I'll actually earn my paycheck for a change - I'll be busy. I might get some writing in here and there but not likely - we'll see how it goes.

Dragonstar - vamp dust for the ePub submissions!

MR - good luck on the YA romance!

NIYRAK - love the new hair-do!

Cheeky - WOOT! for Sand People!

Sammy - have fun at the ghost hunting meeting.

Great meet up pics, Team Evil and Team SOCAL. Cool outfit too, Caleb!

Teriann - safe travels, and best of luck with the family situation.

And behold... A seed! CalebJMalcom's Avatar
    As you wish

Thank you everyone for the outfit compliments

Just got back from having a late breakfast. There was a couple at the restaurant that I couldn't help but watch. Male and female I don't think it was a relationship or dating not really sure the dynamics. They knew each other well. Anyway she early to mid 30s african american mixed ethnicity with that beautiful mocha skin tone that only people of mixed ethnicities have. He mid to upper 40s maybe even early 50s from some spanish country. Could be Mexican, a Central American country, maybe even South American country but I feel that is less likely.

She was attractive and polite but really I was more interested in watching him. A black wool cabby was backwards on his head, wearing a black t-shirt, relaxed fit jeans, and brown leather shoes. All of his clothing was in perfect condition and well made. The words he spoke were soft and perfectly formed but with a heavy accent. His English in general was perfect but glazed with this thick Spanish accent. Everything was "yes ma'am" "thank you ma'am" "excuse me ma'am" to the waitress but it was full of this soft confidence. Most people didn't give him a second glance but there was this polite, suave, sophistication about him. Listening to him I would imagine him in a business suit watching children/grandchildren play in a courtyard while smoking on a cigar.

Then he would get up and move about. His physical movements contradicted that voice. Almost as if he was uncertain how to move through the crowded restaurant. There was hesitance and dare I say shyness to the way he walked.

He was a fascinating breakfast time observation.
    If he is pretending then he still cares.

I have a +2 resistance to death but a -5 resistance to injury.

http://toomuchrambles.com/

practical experience, FTW firedrake's Avatar
    Afternoon all!

Just home from a lovely day in London with Dys, VFury and Para. It was marvellous. It just went too quickly.

Caleb, you look terrific in velvet.

It sounds (and looks from the pictures) that it was good fun fire

I got some feedback from a beta reader this morning - so I've been busy editing and adding a few bits in.
    Moon Bound - Querying

Ring Around the Moon (short story) - finished, on Goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...moon?chapter=1)

Urban Fantasy x 3 in progress

"Sometimes the wolves are silent, and the moon howls..."

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." -Joseph Campbell

Shiny new cover! AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    *peeks in*
    ]
    Love the meetup pics!

This jigsaw puzzle scene is KILLING me. It's the one where I have to red-herring the other two suspects as my MC goes off to meet the real bad guys. It will change the Aha! moment two chapters from now from a confirmation Aha! to a "holy crap, this is the right suspect Aha!

Kill me.

Page 19 of 909 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529446994119269519769 ... LastLast