The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Hazardous Press

practical experience, FTW

Post Hazardous Press

No definition of net, but 50% isn't bad for net. Three year contract. Tight focus to start with. So far so alright.

I'm assuming when they launch the website will be redesigned to sell to readers; it's a little spartan right now on any account. Competently written, at least.

Personally, I'm not a fan of publishers that use KDP. It ties them too tighly to Amazon to start with, and those first few months are vital when it comes to sales. It makes sense for self-published authors, but I'd rather see a publisher that gets me on Amazon, iBooks, Sony, Fictionwise, B&N and the rest as soon as the starter's pistol is fired.

Hungry? Check out my other half's blog Colonel Mustard in the Kitchen.

Hey! I got a contract from Hazardous Press about my novel and wanted information, if anyone knew anything about these guys. I was looking for more information about other novels they've put out however, or if they're a new press? Their website is pretty spartan.

practical experience, FTW eternalised's Avatar
    There are no covers on their website yet, nor information about any previously released titles, so that makes me assume they haven't actually published anything yet.

If I were you, I'd be a bit wary. Everything on their website screams 'geared toward the author'. Their "Submissions", "Manuscript Submission Guidelines" and "Payment and Rights" pages are all for authors - nothing for readers so far. A publishing website should be made to bring in readers (who can then purchase the books) not more authors.

They're really new, but I'd like to see more from a publisher before I sign off my work to them. Start asking them questions. What's their marketing plan? Can they give cover art examples?
    Visit my website.

Eternalised, Thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to ask some of those questions and when I find out more, I'll post to this thread.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin truantoranje's Avatar
    Hazardous Press is taking an indefinite hiatus. After going AWOL for nearly 8 months and not paying out contracted royalties, the owner finally surfaced and explained he will pay what is owed and then is closing the press.

practical experience, FTW JaneD's Avatar
    Hazardous by name...
    My blog http://janedougherty.wordpress.com/

The Green Woman trilogy available from Amazon