• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Linnan Literary Management

AnyaHarker

Registered
Reaction score
First time poster, long time lurker and all that jazz!

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/jenlinnan/

From the PM page:
Jen Linnan studied English and chemistry at Williams College. Prior to launching her own agency, she worked at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates, handling international rights for several major agency clients.

Does anyone know anything about her or has anyone here had any contact with her? Thanks!

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

I got a quick (8 day) request for the full off the query, synopsis, bio, and 50pp she asks for initially. I got back in touch 6 weeks later when I received an offer of rep and she confirmed she wanted to read.

She didn't end up responding before the deadline, but I was cool with that (it was just today). With fast reads, things come up. I found her to be quick and kind and not at all stingy with a compliment. I was happy not to tell her I was going another way, quite frankly. I hate that part.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Linnan on May 21 and haven't received a response. I haven't heard back from several agents I queried around that time who seem to be responders, so I'm a little worried maybe my gmail decided to hate me that month. I'm wondering if I should send it again, or if that is super bad etiquette.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Linnan on May 21 and haven't received a response. I haven't heard back from several agents I queried around that time who seem to be responders, so I'm a little worried maybe my gmail decided to hate me that month. I'm wondering if I should send it again, or if that is super bad etiquette.

According to her entry on Publisher's marketplace... "Please be patient as I consider your work - my response time varies, but I try to attend to queries within a month of submission"

I've give it another few weeks then I'd be tempted to send a polite query.