Misery Memoir

havestorytotell

One of the 96% of us
Registered
Reaction score
I am new to AW. I have 80K in my manuscript. I am stuck right now and would love to find someone else who is writing a similar memoir. It does not have to be on my topic of which few have been published, which I can’t go into it here and now. My topic memoir does fall under misery memoir. I would welcome any encouragement from others who have to dredge up the painful past to write their book. I would welcome a “writing buddy.” I am in small town in Mexico and cannot share my work with my local writers group. I recently attended a large writer’s conference and know I am on the right road. I really would welcome the opportunity to slowly build a buddy relationship with a person who is writing a similar kind of book. If you are writing a heavy duty memoir and want to get in touch, please send me a private message.

RedWritingHood

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a book about the murders my brother committed, what that did to me, my family and the families of the people he killed. I published it nearly twenty years ago. I recently rewrote it to correct the errors that found their way into the work through no fault of my own. This time it is also from a time laced perspective and includes more intimate details. I know about pain, more than I ever wanted to know. Since your post is more than 6 months old, and I'm not sure if you are still active on this forum, send a private message. I'm here.