Status
Not open for further replies.

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
Hello, I've been doing a lot of research but am still confused over the whole etiquette on garnering book reviews. My book comes out early August, ARCs in eformat (mobi for Kindle and epub for Nook) will be available late May for reviews. Do I start sending letters now? And is it a letter or a press release?
Thank you for reading!

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Yikes! You should start sending those requests now-now-now! The idea of sending out ARCs is so that the reviewer can read and review them in advance of the release so that buzz can get started early.

Format your request as a letter. Include the name of the book, genre, back cover copy, release date, and be sure to let the reviewer know if a preview is available (in case they haven't decided if they want to review).

Also, make sure the reviewers who you contact do review your genre. Check their submission guidelines, and follow any special instructions (in addition to the above).

Hope that helps.

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
Jess, thank you so very much, I'm grateful for your tips and advice! And I'm hitting myself over the head about not starting sooner. Guess I'd better get cooking.

Thank you again!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
As an online reviewer I want to be offered the book when you have the book ready to send upon reply, not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.