Graphic novel design programs for ubuntu 10.10

cara

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering what the best program was for making panels and general graphic design techniques that could be used in comic books.

I've already got Critter and Gimp, but there doesn't seem to be a panelling option on those (and I can't get Photoshop on linux) - I can't open two image files together on those programs, which makes panelling very difficult.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Senna

Registered
Reaction score
You might find what you need in Comic Book Creator. I haven't personally used it so I can't say how well it would work for you but you can have a look.

cara

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not sure, is it a program that works well with linux?
Also, I'm trying to look for more professional programs (sorry if that was unclear) as in, the formats you can print and sell.
I've found the linux varieties are restrictive, as most people use photoshop (which is Windows only).

Alexys

Took a wrong turn at the Pleiades
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt there is any comic-creation-specific native Linux software. However, *if* I am correctly understanding that you're trying to take multiple images and combine them into a strip or page, the general desktop publishing program Scribus may be of some use to you. (If that isn't what you're trying to do, could you explain it in layman's terms? My knowledge of comics is limited to what I've picked up reading and discussing manga, but I do know how to apply Linux software to general graphic design problems.)

cara

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Scribus looks good :)